Orders with Ram boxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dominacb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got an order for 2 Limiteds with 4x4, short bed with Ram Boxes, sun roof, larger fuel tank, limited level 1 group, and bed utility group. Every once in a while a call ram up to see the status and always get a different answer. One day its in D status, next day its "on the production line" Next day they "can't tell me the status, its against against policy". Next day it's in D1, next day it's in KZ, then back to D1 status..... ect...... (the inconsistency from them is not the reason for the post)

Today I call and the girl tells me it's in Kz status. When I said I didn't believe her she said she would check with a tech. After 15 mins of hold she came back and said appologized and said it was in fact still in D1 status and the tech said that the reason its taking forever is the ram boxes and they are only able to do 20 at a time currently.

So I guess unless they figure out a way to get these ram boxes moving, its gonna be a long wait for many people!

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
5thGenRams forums has a very long order tracking post where a lot of members talk about where they are in process. ETorque 2019s are coming soon and a handful are in KZ now but I have yet to see a single person with RamBox hit KZ yet.

Granted I don’t obsess over that like I used to before I had my 2019 get delivered but to my knowledge none are out there yet.

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm stuck on the fact you're buying two Limiteds. Can I just hold your wallet sometime to see what it would feel like??

Stubright

Reaction score
Ram Year
don't have one Yet
Engine
I ordered a limited on 05/03/18 w/ram box. It was built on 7/01/18 and is still in inspection (not released). I was able to get the build sheet so I know it is built!!
I was hoping to have it by then end of July. I will keep you posted on the progress

OP
OP
D

Dominacb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm stuck on the fact you're buying two Limiteds. Can I just hold your wallet sometime to see what it would feel like??
My father and myself both ordered the same day. We use them for business and get new trucks every 2 years or so

Jay Carr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered a limited on 05/03/18 w/ram box. It was built on 7/01/18 and is still in inspection (not released). I was able to get the build sheet so I know it is built!!
I was hoping to have it by then end of July. I will keep you posted on the progress

did you receive your truck yet??? Considering a longhorm with ramboxes but trying to see what the wait times are like at the moment.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
If you search this forum thread regarding a factory order with Rambox option you will see that it adds from 1-3 weeks to build time. Same with the goose neck option. may be quicker lately. But those two options were built on a 10 order run. My 2018 with the goose neck option took 8 weeks from order date to delivery date.