Orginal Battery Finally Died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Just passed 7 years of battery service on my 2013, wife's 2013 Equinox battery is still running fine too, it will be 7 in July. Now that I've said this, watch, I'll have battery issues.

They usually go at the most inopportune moment. Like when you have to stop for gas at 2:00AM in a sketchy part of town or your home AC dies on July 4th at 12:00 Noon and it will also be a long weekend.

south7west

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 LoneStar
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For the much higher cost of AGM batteries, do they last that much longer than flooded cell batteries?

AGM batteries are becoming standard on more cars nowadays because of their ability to withstand a higher electrical demand, and in the case the factory battery is located inside the vehicle, you do not have to worry about the battery leaking acid all over your interior. Many people are familiar with the brand of AGM Optima batteries, and you could get those to last 10-15 years easy. Nowadays, ever since they were bought out by Johnson Controls, I would say their quality has dropped and I can't justify or recommend them for their price. AGM batteries do tend to last longer than a standard liquid lead acid battery, and comparing the different prices for the standard and the AGM battery that are offered I would not think twice about the price difference and go with the AGM.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Enersys for me . They make them for things in space and submarines so I have used theres in every vehicle we have owned in this family since early 2000's their batteries for automotive sell under the brand name Odyssey for us model 94R-850