Out with the old and in with the new.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not gonna insult U as U are a seasoned TT puller, but so U know wat to be aware of, and Great Looking and Enjoy it. Maybe U can take up in the Pocono's in the summer? That be a hoot, LOL.
The Pocinos wouldn't be a bad place to check out. We're shooting for Lancaster this year.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I could use a bigger trailer...my truck makes mine look small
View attachment 239691 View attachment 239692

But we wouldn't be able to camp at our favorite spots. All are 28 foot and under...the one at the river last year was the last available...26 foot and under...we would have lost out on going for the first time in 7 years had I had a 30+ footer.

This year...the smaller trailer will be even more of a blessing as people fight for the bigger sites

Lol! Yeah, mine too!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
The Pocinos wouldn't be a bad place to check out. We're shooting for Lancaster this year.

Stop on over to Gifford pinchot state park and say hello when your in the area!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Congrats on the new camper! I really like the layout and the door being at the back and the end but still under the awning. Thats the one thing I kind of don't like with ours is the door is almost centered under the awning.

As far as prices go for our camper we bought new last year for $23k advertised price and this year they have the same one exact everything and the same dealer has it at $28k.

Exactly what I am seeing. Makes it tough for me to sell the Layton when in a few years I suspect/ hope prices will be back to pre pandemic levels

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They're both made by Forest River. Maybe the same trailer, with a different name on it.

Well I hope not for your benefit. We had one very serious problem. The suspension was extremely low. One of the tires was hitting the trailer above it. Finally resolved with a suspension upgrade.

Otherwise we love the trailer. Perfect for the "war department" and me and Stella the Rottie.

Have fun!

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love the under bed storage. Never seen one like that. I wish ours had the total amount of storage yours has.
That's the one thing that blew me away. With both under the bed and behind the entertainment center that's a lot of storage for this size trailer and layout.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a pic of your truck hooked up to your new trailer?

Here it is. 20210304_145009_HDR.jpg

I don't know how accurate it is but using my better weigh app the tongue was 800lbs leaving the dealership. The listed was 650. Of course the 650 doesn't include a battery, full propane tanks, or weight distribution brackets. All total I'm thinking that adds about 100 to 125 pounds. The listed dry weight was off a little too. They posted 5800 and the sticker on it says 6058. But that weight I'm not concerned with. I have the 3.92 rear. It does tow nice. I still have to dial in the w/d hitch when it's loaded. It's close now but I know it'll change.

Last edited:

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We pulled the trigger on a new trailer. It's a 2021 Coachman Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB. We've been talking about it for a year or so. We finally found one we liked. The part that sold me was all the storage behind the entertainment center. The entire wall is on a hinge and it swings out. It's deep enough for me to fit in and still be able to close the door. It also has a much larger bath and shower and a great storage set up under the bed.

It's shorter than our last one. It's a hair over 29' and our old one is 33'. The new one weighs 5800 dry with a 650 tongue.

Here are some pics with more to follow.

View attachment 239326 View attachment 239327 View attachment 239328 View attachment 239329 View attachment 239330
real nice! is that a bunkhouse? we ordered a new one. will be offline april 14th.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, not a bunkhouse. More like a couples coach.

Congrats on yours.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, not a bunkhouse. More like a couples coach.

Congrats on yours.

I had trouble finding a couples coach. Bunkhouses where everywhere. Of course the couples coach I got will sleep 6. A queen bed in the bedroom, the couch folds out to a queen bed, and naturally the dinning table folds down to a bed. WhT about your trailer?

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great. We have a bunkhouse...2 little kids and 1 more on the way.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had trouble finding a couples coach. Bunkhouses where everywhere. Of course the couples coach I got will sleep 6. A queen bed in the bedroom, the couch folds out to a queen bed, and naturally the dinning table folds down to a bed. WhT about your trailer?

Same here. Queen bed, tri-fold sofa (full sized bed), and a U dinette.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you joined a Coachman TT forum? After I bought my Jayco I joined a Jayco forum and have gotten a lot of good info and help on there.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i had trouble finding a camper period. we did order a b.h model cause i have kids. we odered in jan with a est due date of march 10th and got a confirmation email it is now april. im expecting april to turn into may or june now.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you joined a Coachman TT forum? After I bought my Jayco I joined a Jayco forum and have gotten a lot of good info and help on there.
I belong to a couple of RV forums.

i had trouble finding a camper period. we did order a b.h model cause i have kids. we odered in jan with a est due date of march 10th and got a confirmation email it is now april. im expecting april to turn into may or june now.

Sadly from what I understand that's normal. They are behind making ordered units. General units for dealers aren't even on the radar. This is per an RV insider. That video I posted in the off topic section. It's worth looking at. It explains what is going on right now with the delays.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had trouble finding what I wanted too. I looked at many trailers and was able to figure out what I did and didn’t want. I couldn’t find what I did want in the price range I wanted to pay. After a year of looking I found one for sale parked along the highway. It was three years old and used three times; once each year. That’s the reason he was selling it. For once a year he could borrow an rv from his dad. He paid 40k for it, used it three times and then sold it to me for $25k. As soon as I looked at it I knew I wanted it. I got preapproved by the bank and then bought it before anyone else could. I wish it was smaller, but I couldn’t find any trailer I liked that was smaller then that. I was actually ready to give up on buying one and build my own when I found it.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I was looking before covid hit so there were plenty of choices, just not what I wanted in the price range I wanted to pay.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was looking before covid hit so there were plenty of choices, just not what I wanted in the price range I wanted to pay.
i dealt w a dealer, claiming to be the biggest rv dealer in pa, they had < 20 on the lot. they were a joke though. gave me a complete run around. had me drive 2+ hrs one way 3x to make promises they couldnt keep. lerch rv is who it was. had exactly what i wanted, i was on the fone w them w credit card in hand putting a deposit down and walking out the door. the called me in route AFTER I PUT MONEY DOWN!! and said it was sold. what a joke