Owners of a Diamondback HD cover with Rambox.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raconnol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello

If there are any owners with a rambox and a Diamondback HD cover, can you please PM me as I have some questions regarding a possible future purchase.

Rick

29086708395_a7b3ae599a_b.jpg
28800424160_5f762b4a99_b.jpg
14167607998_b21fbcf972_b.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
No need to ask the questions in pm. Might be useful information for other future owners.

OP
OP
Raconnol

Raconnol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well then, my questions are:

1) Can you open the tailgate when the back panel is closed and locked?

2) Given that this cover needs to sit on top of the cargo rails:

a) What is the load limit on top of the cover, is it still the same as the standard (non-Rambox) 1600 lbs?
b) How waterproof is the cover with the Rambox? It appears to have more opportunities for the rain to work its way into the box.
c) Do the tie-downs limit the travel of the Rambox Lids?

Diamondback makes a really good looking top cover. However, their headache racks, not so much.

3) Has anyone found a good custom headache rack that attaches to the front panel and still allows the Rambox to be opened?

I found this example of a custom rack installed on a Ford with a DiamaondBack HQ which (I think) looks great.

And finally, any issues, concerns or problems with DiamondBack HQ on a Rambox?

Thank you for your time!

Rick

Screenshot-2018-2-9 A Heavy Duty Tonneau Cover And Custom Headache Rack On A Ford Super Duty.jpg Screenshot-2018-2-9 DiamondBack Truck Covers's most interesting Flickr photos Picssr.png

mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Well then, my questions are:

Diamondback makes a really good looking top cover. However, their headache racks, not so much.

3) Has anyone found a good custom headache rack that attaches to the front panel and still allows the Rambox to be opened?

I found this example of a custom rack installed on a Ford with a DiamaondBack HQ which (I think) looks great.

Rick

View attachment 120003 View attachment 120004
I think thats a backbone rack http://www.getbackbone.com

Blkngld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to bump this up.... Someone must have one.
I'm interested too. My BAK is getting a little worn.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have a rambox but I am on my second truck with Diamondback HD.

1) You can open the tailgate with the lid closed and locked on mine.

2) Mine is pretty waterproof. Pressure washing can get by the seal but rain not so much.

3) Saw that custom backbone rack and that is by far the best looking headache rack that I've seen that mounts on top of the lid. Looks like it should be strong as well.

As I said, I don't have the rambox, but I would think you could mount a headache rack that you like and get creative when applying the seal. In other words, headache rack mounted to pickup bed and not the cover, and adjust to clear. May have to replace the cleat tie downs closest to cab with L-Track or something. I am currently looking at this option. IMG_20180322_181904986.jpg

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Didn't know this was a thing. I wonder if you can still open the Ramboxes while closed?

On another note, the should make replacement Ramboxes lids...at least a diamond plate cover to replace the top cap on the boxes.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Marusho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
DIAMONDBACK RAMBOX MODELS: I am considering the Diamondback cover too. Here is a response I received today from Jordan in sales, who may be able to give you more insight into the water incursion situation: "Thank you for contacting us. We do offer our SE and HD Covers in both finishes for the RamBox trucks. Only thing to note (and why we don’t offer for sale on the site without talking to us first) is that this cover is not fully water tight like our standard covers. With the way RAM designed the beds it is impossible to keep water out 100%."

Cnbro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all- trying to reach 50 posts so I can post my Diamondback for 6’4” Rambox for sale in the classifieds section. New condition. Located in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi all- trying to reach 50 posts so I can post my Diamondback for 6’4” Rambox for sale in the classifieds section. New condition.

Where are you located? You might have better luck posting on Craigslist, shipping would be pricey.

Cnbro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have it posted on Craigslist too. I’m in Florida but head to Virginia fairly regularly.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have it posted on Craigslist too. I’m in Florida but head to Virginia fairly regularly.

Hah, delivery will help it sell! Good luck!