P0306 cylinder 6 misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Today I remote started my 2015 hemi with 36k mi . Drove it to work last night about 50mi no issues. Upon leaving work I used the remote start to have a CEL p0306 cylinder 6 misfire . Cleared it and gonna drive it home. Is this something to worry about or somewhat common with remote start ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
Try swapping coils and see if the code follows

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try swapping coils and see if the code follows

If it comes back I’ll go down that road. Hoping it was a fluke related to remote start. I’ve heard somewhere that others have experienced the same with remote start. First time it’s happened to me so looking for some other experiences to ease my
Mind LOL

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I hope your's just winds up being coil, plugs or injector my cylinder 6 misfire was much worse it was a gone cam lobe due to too the lifter roller locked up

1.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'd just say at this point is could be just one of the cold start things, many things happen in a cold engine that can cause a misfire code, too many to list, hopefully that is it. However, you have been around long enough that is could mean the dreaded cam lob. I'd just see if it does it again, and I'd run a fuel cleaner like techron and redline si-1 just to help a bit. It is pretty rare to see cam issues at this point, did you have hemi tick?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If it were my truck, I would let the dealer diagnose.

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd just say at this point is could be just one of the cold start things, many things happen in a cold engine that can cause a misfire code, too many to list, hopefully that is it. However, you have been around long enough that is could mean the dreaded cam lob. I'd just see if it does it again, and I'd run a fuel cleaner like techron and redline si-1 just to help a bit. It is pretty rare to see cam issues at this point, did you have hemi tick?

Yea I’m trying to be realistic like you’re being. No I don’t think I had of have the hemi tick I have some mild piston slap while it’s cold that goes away when warm . Runs like a top. Pretty quiet considering I have long tubes. I’ll try some injector cleaner and keep my fingers crossed. This has been the first misfire code I’ve had since I had a fuel issue years ago

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it were my truck, I would let the dealer diagnose.

Even if I brought it to them they’d clear the code and tell me they couldn’t recreate the issue. LOL and then they’d charge me 100$. LOL I cleared it myself and will see if it comes back snd go from there. Stealerships suuuuck. Ram forum
Proves much more knowledgeable.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a misfire code for a while that would turn the light on sometimes the truck ran fine replaced that coil and it never came back with that low of miles I doubt that it will be anything cam related.

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a misfire code for a while that would turn the light on sometimes the truck ran fine replaced that coil and it never came back with that low of miles I doubt that it will be anything cam related.

Awesome thanks for the input I’m staying positive [emoji1695]

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Got another cylinder 6 misfire today again on a cold start :-( been driven multiple times since the last one with no issues. Just a tank fill up. Gonna get some injector cleaner today and top it off and cross my fingers.

BLUKTY2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have been having a very similar experience on my 6.4 but on cylinder #2. Always on a cold start and cel comes on as engine is warming up- no longer completely cold but nowhere near operating temperature either. Every time this happens the engine sounds and runs normal.

Seems to me to try the easiest potential solutions first, so I am going to try an injector cleaner first then start switching coils.

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Def same scenario. Cold starts only and runs fine with no noticeable symptoms . I clear the code snd all is well. Hopefully it’s fuel or injector related. [emoji1695] keep us posted.