P2016 Error Code -IMRC sensor/switch circuit low ***HELP!****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you guys know where the Intake manifold runner control valve is located? Getting this error code on my '15 RAM 1500. It all started when I installed a pedal commander. I uninstalled the pedal commander and cleared the code. The check engine light went away for a couple of days, then came back. Drove 100 miles and then it went away. Not sure what's going on. Confused. Then my rear right side brake light warning light came on... WTF is going on with this truck? Only 50K miles.

Weird. Anyone experience this. Just had my PCM replaced back in May.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Runner control valve is at the back of the intake manifold.

The brake light warning doesn’t mean the right side light is out, it’s just a generic picture. Any of the brake lights could be out with that warning. Most likely the high mount bulb.

OP
OP
rubes7202

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Runner control valve is at the back of the intake manifold.

The brake light warning doesn’t mean the right side light is out, it’s just a generic picture. Any of the brake lights could be out with that warning. Most likely the high mount bulb.
Thanks. Do you think running an oil catch can would cause the Intake manilfold runner actuator to stick because of lack of lubrication it would have normally got from the blow by?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
No, a catch can wouldn’t cause that issue.