P2320

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright guys, I'm stumped.

Code says it's a bad coil pack, it wouldn't pop up all the time. But cylinder 7 would misfire everyday, just sometimes worse then others. Well I bought a new coil, and replaced it. Now everytime I start the truck I throw that code. I checked the plugs they're good. I even put the old coil back to see if it was just a faulty part, and now the old coil doesn't fire anymore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Swap coil from another cylinder with that and see if the problem follows the coil or stays with the cylinder. If it stays with the cylinder check for a bad harness connection to the coil pack. Also check the spark plugs.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Try swapping the wire from cylinder 7 to another cylinder. Put the other cylinder's wire on #7. Then start it up and see if you get a misfire on the cylinder that has the wire from #7. If you do then it's obviously the wire.

And as stated, check the plug and consider swapping it to another cylinder as well. I've visually inspected plugs and thought they were OK only to find the electrode wire was cracked or broken inside the porcelain.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45