PA 3" body lift without welding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ventoracing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Gonna go with the PA 3" body lift and do the install this spring in the driveway. Install looks straightforward except for the welding of the crush blocks... Anyone complete this install on a 4th Gen and found away to not have to weld the crush blocks in?

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
its only a few small tack welds, should take less than a couple minutes. I say ask around and find a buddy somewhere that can bring a portable welder and get it done for you real quick. Im sure they would stay in place for a little while if you had to drive it somewhere for the small welds, but the weld is there for long term security

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Can use bolts to.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
Ran the 3" PA kit on 2 other trucks and never welded the crush blocks. They always wedged in between the frame and bed and never moved on mine. If you haul heavy loads in the bed or do extreme off roading with lots of flex it wouldn't hurt to install the kit then drive up to a muffler shop and have them do 2 tacks per side... My .02

raptor1797

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree, they are not that big of a deal.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ran the 3" PA kit on 2 other trucks and never welded the crush blocks. They always wedged in between the frame and bed and never moved on mine. If you haul heavy loads in the bed or do extreme off roading with lots of flex it wouldn't hurt to install the kit then drive up to a muffler shop and have them do 2 tacks per side... My .02

x2. after installing mine yesterday, it seems they are damn snug in there. like BAGGED said, get the install done, then whenever you have time find someone to tack weld them in there for piece of mind. In the meantime I wouldnt put any heavy loads in there to avoid the bed from "bowing"

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
Again this is 3rd gen experience, but I can tell you I even rolled my truck (just over on its side not totally flipped) and all my suspension lift and body lift remained in tact without any issues, to include the crush blocks. If they aren't coming out during that I'm not sure how they would. Really the only issue would be a HEAVY load in the bed