Pac-Brake Oil Filter Relocation Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an oil change due and remembered the nightmare from last time of trying to wrangle the oil filter in and out without a huge mess. I read a few posts about making your own kit, making your own lines or using basic rubber hose. I did not want to use cheap rubber hose and did not want to bother making my own AN lines.

I found the Pac-Brake kit, which included all the adapters, fittings, and lines. The feature I like best is that the adapter has the same M22x1.5 oil filter threads so that me or anyone can mindlessly buy an oil filter for the truck and it will fit. Bought the kit from DDP Motorsports, free shipping and lowest price online. PacBrake - Remote Oil Filter Kit

The Kit:
Everything is billet aluminum and high quality SAE Hydraulic hoses, and includes great instructions.
D172E8EC-6BC6-4905-B21A-15F4E1137C6A_1_105_c.jpeg
The install:
Started as a normal oil change, drain as usual, I tossed on a FUMOTO oil valve as well to make things extra easy in the future. (no pictures of this, use your imagination)
Remote mount attaches to a bracket the bolts to the odd "post" on the front of the frame. Mounting this took some trickery, I used tape to secure a nut to a wrench then fished it inside the box from the bottom opening and top opening.
9AB534BC-F8A7-4F66-9B90-1E191F581797.jpeg

The sandwich plate and fittings took some effort to install, but not the worst job ever. I was lucky to have a large 1-1/4" wrench to tighten down the plate very well. I suppose a good adjustable wrench would work too.
Hoses went right on, they are heavy duty and stiff so it took some wrangling.
94DD228B-F071-4AB1-BD3E-1E22DB8CE0BE.jpeg

Attaching to the remote mount was easy also, simple connection, just tighten some fittings.

19A7772D-8ADD-4712-8E3B-807F28E0DBB1.jpeg

Whole process start to finish took me maybe 1.5 hours.

All completed I am extremely happy with this kit. The stock type oil filter screws on easily and it is still up and out of reach, anything will hit the frame box before hitting the oil filter, but is still in a great spot where I wont have to jack up the truck to change my oil anymore. For that reason alone it is completely worth the cost to me.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
WOW this is the kit I've been looking for: quality hoses/fittings that accepts the OEM filter size. Thank you for trying this out and writing a thread about it!

Any difference in oil pressure?

OP
OP
PCA4208

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WOW this is the kit I've been looking for: quality hoses/fittings that accepts the OEM filter size. Thank you for trying this out and writing a thread about it!

Any difference in oil pressure?
No change in oil pressure at all. Since the Hoses are SAE hydraulic hoses they are meant to handle psi WAY above what any car oil pump can make. Talking in the 1000's+, hoses are only about 14" long so there would be basically no drop in pressure either way.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks PCA4208 for the great write up on this product. I have been looking for a while, and now I see this will be the kit I will purchase.

JF19Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
Thanks for the write-up. I just ordered one! Next change probably won't be till end of summer, but with today's market, who knows what'll be instock by then.

OP
OP
PCA4208

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing to note, this is specifically for 4th gen trucks 09-18 or 19-21 Classic. I cannot guarantee it will fit a 5th gen, BUT Pac-Brake does show a kit for the 5th gen trucks on their website.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
One thing to note, this is specifically for 4th gen trucks 09-18 or 19-21 Classic. I cannot guarantee it will fit a 5th gen, BUT Pac-Brake does show a kit for the 5th gen trucks on their website.
You must be EJ,4th Gen Rams has alot of idiots on it,lol. High Performance Rams / Tuned Rams and Only Rams are better pages.

RamHemi18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I like how clean this kit looks. I want to do this so bad to my truck. I hate making a mess every time I change my oil. I've tried the drop the filter in a bag method and always make a mess. I have an EXT powertrain warranty so that is the only thing hindering me from pulling the trigger.

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ordered...thanks for the great write up! I bet DDP will wonder why there's a run on these kits.

DDP Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Thanks so much for tagging us! Very blessed to have earned your business. I am slowly trying to get on more forums as the funds allow and i saw an order come through stating they found us from this site so i decided to stop in and check it out! I have been wondering why there was an uptick on sales with this product. Hence why i finally ordered about 10 kits as we kept selling a few kits every month lol.

Glad we can help and can't thank everyone enough for the business and the awesome recommendation!

Clayton

clifhngr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now just put one of these on your hoses:
Blue of course.. I just did the same thing with my filter relocation, but used a different product. Also put the Furmoco on at the same time. Changing oil should now be a pleasant experience... Nice job..
hose seperator.jpg

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now just put one of these on your hoses:
Blue of course.. I just did the same thing with my filter relocation, but used a different product. Also put the Furmoco on at the same time. Changing oil should now be a pleasant experience... Nice job..
View attachment 493687
Where did you get that?

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, you guys need to buy up the last 4 of my trans thermostat eliminators now. This kit looks perfect and I have an oil change coming up real soon... So I had to buy it.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this it for a Cummins or am I analyzing way to much on their page?