Panic Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTn7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for a way to disable the panic button on my 2017 Ram 1500. This is not available in the settings menu. Any procedure, etc? Thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Take the remote apart and put a piece of tape over the contacts.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a damn good idea. I can't tell you how many I've rolled under the truck or climbed under something else with the fob in my pocket only to get the **** scared out of me by that stupid **** going off.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's a damn good idea. I can't tell you how many I've rolled under the truck or climbed under something else with the fob in my pocket only to get the **** scared out of me by that stupid **** going off.
So it worked... It made you panic? :D

OP
OP
T

TBTn7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok on the key fob fix. How about a way to disable the horn when using just the entry key? I was hoping to not have to carry the fob in my pocket and just use the key to open the door. Apparently it thinks it's being broken into!

Thanks for the replies.

OP
OP
T

TBTn7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I fixed mine for good. I took apart the fob that I carry (I have two) and completely removed the disc that is attached to the underside of the red rubber button.

The crazy alarm came on the other day in a parking lot. I was getting out and the key was in my hand!!??