Pavement Queen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All the off roading around me in south Alabama is narrow, thick mud. Pretty much Razors is what it takes to get through or a modified mid size truck. Realistically, a regular 2500 4x4 could do what I need. I would say only twice the PW capability made the difference. I don’t need the full towing ability of a 2500 so the PW ride is nice as a DD over the standard 2500.

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My rig is fully committed and has many layers of trail edition pin striping. I wheel 3-4 times per month on trails ranging from easy to difficult. Frame mounted rock sliders are my number one recommended mod. Live in Souther California.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no clue why someone would by a 70,000.00 truck to beat the **** out off “off road”! Exception is a logger.... but the rest of you simply amaze me. Then while beating the **** out of it, something breaks then, the ***** session starts about the dealer refusing service due to the damage being abuse.... LOL

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have no clue why someone would by a 70,000.00 truck to beat the **** out off “off road”! Exception is a logger.... but the rest of you simply amaze me. Then while beating the **** out of it, something breaks then, the ***** session starts about the dealer refusing service due to the damage being abuse.... LOL

I have no idea why someone would buy a 70k truck with all kinds of off road equipment and then not go offroad. Seems like that kind of person made a foolish purchase decision at the dealer and could have bought a truck more tailored for on road use and saved money or spent the money on street use features.

Also go mine new for 49k.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
though my Jeep years were fun, I can afford the comfort of “ a 70,000 truck” and I believe you have to pay to play. So no whining from me if I break stuff due to “abuse” but I will use the truck for its intended use. And love every moment.

54B2D2D9-207A-4939-89A3-3299561C3651.jpeg

35FD009C-C5E4-4CAA-B0F1-91EDAE90CCE0.jpeg

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Around San Diego's East & North County, the ranchers & some friends have their Spots.
If you drive over the hills into the hard desert, they have designated off road areas, the same goes for the Sand Dunes further East.

The Dunes used to be wide open, now a lot of that area is Protected, the environmentalists worked to get it closed, trying to save some plants, other than cactus

Is there any off roading around Pendleton? Ive seen some awesome hills and trails on them but not sure what is on base vs off base.

ZookaTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no idea why someone would buy a "70,000 truck" (mine was 56,000) with incredible offroad capabilities and the ability to tow what used to be 1 ton truck loads, and just look at it, for fear of scratching it. In Texas it is the best friend's job to "key" the inside of the bed of one's new truck, so the owner stops treating it like a glass Christmas ornament and starts treating it like a truck. They are tools meant to be used, not displays to be admired from afar. Here in Wyoming I get disco'd and muddy/dusty as often as possible. The dirt begins 3 miles from the house. And for the 2 or 3 months a year that most of the pavement is white, it stays in 4 hi most of the time. Having put 25,000 miles on in 14 months, though, (5 or 6 trips from Tx to Wy with a cargo trailer each way) the vast majority of that has been highway miles and/or pavement miles.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
There's a lot of "red land" out here in Western Colorado and Eastern Utah. It's 99.999% off-road if one so chooses to drive on dirt/rock all day. Crossing the paved road accounts for the 0.001%.

450px-Map_of_all_U.S._Federal_Land.jpg

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
JamesgPW

I have not seen anything on Camp Pendleton & that resembles a playground for private vehicles.

I have seen tire marks in the mud where someone may have had some quick fun.

Every time that i have gone on base, i see MPs along the roads that i am allowed to travel.
I often see spotters on some of the hills, mostly they are facing the Railroad tracks.
You might be surprised how many people are sneaking through the brush & hiding in the Storm Drains along I-5. They are trying to reach Los Angeles unseen.

Sometimes the Marines carry out exercises, by sneaking up on those people hiding places & observe them without those people ever knowing.
Marine version of Hide & Seek

Last edited:

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
50/50 im a timber dealer for north florida and south georgia the winch is my best friend
We may know some of the same people. I have 2 clients/friends that deal with timber from Bonifay over to Milton. The guy that sprayed my pines by helicopter is over in PCB. I’ve hunted in pines over in Leary, GA. I’ve told those guys they need a PW!

Power Hounder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
20191126_160902.jpg

I have no idea why someone would buy a 70k truck with all kinds of off road equipment and then not go offroad. Seems like that kind of person made a foolish purchase decision at the dealer and could have bought a truck more tailored for on road use and saved money or spent the money on street use features.

Also go mine new for 49k.

I get what you both are saying for sure. I bought it because personally I dont think there is a better looking truck. I didnt relize how bad its payload really was or how capable this truck is off road. Im waiting on my new dually my needs have changed. But I will miss the pavement queen 6300 miles barely seen a gravel road. it was 64k on the sticker I paid around 55k for it I thought it was a heck of a buy.

yourfloormat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 TRX4
Engine
I live in the desert southwest. I dont have a PW but Rams older version of the 1500 off road model, a TRX4. Within 10 minutes I can be on unmaintained truck roads. These roads meander thru the mountains and can take you to other towns and cities. Up in the mountains desert turns to wooded land and mud. Even on the outskirts of the city, where I live, just the summer rains can turn my paved road into a Michelin Tire commercial. Many out here tend to have a truck and a car, cause lots of times in the rain you may not get out with high clearance or 4x4. One of the reasons I love the area out here is cause you can be driving along and just decided to turn off the road and head out into the desert. No place you can ever really do that back east. Theres just miles and miles of open lan out here that no one pays attention too.

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
I guess he bought what he "WANTED" . I did as well. I really do not see where it is anyone's business how I or anyone else uses their RAM. I do use it as a truck and I do some mild off roading. But I am going to keep mine as nice as I can.