Pavement Queen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buttyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Curious about how much "off road" your PW sees. Provide your general location too. I wonder if where you are in the country has an influence on your response.

For me:
> 99% pavement; < 1% off road.
southeast US.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
It has a lot to do with where we are. In the east opportunities for off-road are mostly just playing around in artificial parks or a swamp is involved, neither of which interest me (at least with respect to the PW). So it’s asphalt or the occasional forest road.

Out west is the reverse, some months we drive more on dirt than pavement. There is just a lot more open land and opportunity in the west.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It has a lot to do with where we are. In the east opportunities for off-road are mostly just playing around in artificial parks or a swamp is involved, neither of which interest me (at least with respect to the PW). So it’s asphalt or the occasional forest road.

Out west is the reverse, some months we drive more on dirt than pavement. There is just a lot more open land and opportunity in the west.

I think this is generally true. In my home area, within 50 or so miles, there are some truck trails but they're more just forest roads. Otherwise it is artificial parks that are overcrowded with side by sides or stuck pavement princesses trying to prove something.

If I head north a ways though, you can find some good trails that will put a Power Wagon through its paces. And there are some areas I don't really want to head to, because rumor has it if you don't have a truck purpose built for mudding, you likely aren't getting back out.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
There's definitely hundreds of miles of rough mountain terrain for off-road use just 10 minutes of my home, but it's not accessible until summer. The higher elevation roads are still socked in with deep snow through mid June. Zillions of mosquitos the size of moths after it melts. At our lower elevation (6,000 feet) rural dirt roads have signs of End Winter Maintenance 11/1 through 6/1, but that's why I drive a Power Wagon out here.

Within a 2 hour drive it's the Moab region. That's where we off-road and camp the other 9 months of the year.

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine see’s mostly pavement pounding, with the occasional trails and dunes romping. Nothing hardcore. Located in northern Michigan.

TA-PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4249DC7E-56FC-49D7-8F8E-9311289C8433.jpeg I just traded my 2019 GMC AT4 Sierra in on my 2018 Power Wagon, main reason being I bought the AT4 without doing my research, GM’s answer to an off-road truck was not really that great, a little better than a stock Sierra but not much.
I was hunting last October and I broke through some ice at the edge of a swamp/lake and got stuck, had to walk 18 kms out, if I had my Power Wagon I would have been out in an hour tops.
So I plan on using mine so I will definitely post some pictures of our adventures!

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I have taken a few road trips but nothing to serious because no rock sliders . more set up for this season plus I was working all the time time to slow down rockies are 3 hrs away a quick jaunt to smell mountain air

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Around San Diego's East & North County, the ranchers & some friends have their Spots.
If you drive over the hills into the hard desert, they have designated off road areas, the same goes for the Sand Dunes further East.

The Dunes used to be wide open, now a lot of that area is Protected, the environmentalists worked to get it closed, trying to save some plants, other than cactus

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 246687 I just traded my 2019 GMC AT4 Sierra in on my 2018 Power Wagon, main reason being I bought the AT4 without doing my research, GM’s answer to an off-road truck was not really that great, a little better than a stock Sierra but not much.
I was hunting last October and I broke through some ice at the edge of a swamp/lake and got stuck, had to walk 18 kms out, if I had my Power Wagon I would have been out in an hour tops.
So I plan on using mine so I will definitely post some pictures of our adventures!
Makes me glad i decided on pw. Gmc at4 was an option at first.

UTAHPWRWGN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Probably close to 50/50 in SW utah, though a few recent long interstate trips have def skewed it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
This is a Powerwagon video from Mid Easterners viewpoint.
One of the most honest reviews that i have ever watched

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Curious about how much "off road" your PW sees. Provide your general location too. I wonder if where you are in the country has an influence on your response.

For me:
> 99% pavement; < 1% off road.
southeast US.
90% + Pavement . I'm in Missouri for now. I bought this Truck for my Retirement years. Lord Willing. I Will be Retiring to Montana. I don't plan to Rock Climb. I just plan to go where I want, Hunting / Fishing. I plan on my PW getting me there. Wherever there is. I took my PW to Montana and back, last month.

Last edited:

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Makes me glad i decided on pw. Gmc at4 was an option at first.
I looked hard at the AT4 myself. But I knew. I wanted a Solid Front Axle again. And after I took one look at the PW Build specs . I decided then and there. The PW was going to be my next Truck.

Last edited:

Daboink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I do mild trails and mostly highway. I like the PW for all of it. It is like driving a living room! Well, one that can go anywhere. 2 hours from Windrock... 73,000 acres of off road adventures. I am 95% / 5%.