Perform Service light won't clear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Wilkison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2018 Ram 2500 6.7 with 67772 miles. Completely stock. The "perform service" light came on. I replaced the CCV filter, which needed to be replaced. I also had an intermittent "service air filter" light come on. It looked fine, but I replaced it. I reset the light with the brake/accelerator pedal procedure. The light went off but came back on. Did this several times, and it came back on. As a side note, I just pulled my 11k pound trailer from Alabama to California. I had the fuel filters replaced by the dealer a couple days before leaving, since I wasn't able to do it myself prior to departure. Any ideas?

JAG55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I am having same issue with my 2020 Ram 2500. I changed the CCV filter and reset the perform service light. But it still comes on intermittently. Truck had 94K when I bought it in February 2023. Called dealership and service department and said the EGR cooler needed to be cleaned and would cost $900.00. Any feedback appreciated

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This thread has lots of related info.

Please let us know if you find a cure and about the solution for your truck.
TIA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio