Permanently Close you recirc door FOREVER!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
lets get the topic back to the recirc door.

thanks guys

Kmiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you do this what happens to the part that opens the door? Or what happens when you open it permanently and when you don't have it on circulate. Dose a motor keep trying to close it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kmiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdlangston13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The wife and I went car shopping a couple of weeks ago and sat in a used 370Z that you could def tell was owned by a smoker. The salesman tried to convince us that he could get rid of the smell but if that were the case, it would not have been put out on the lot smelling, they would have already taken care of it. And even if you don't smoke in the car you can typically still tell a smokers car, especially if you get in it right after a smoker got out. My dad smokes but he never smoked in the car which means he would smoke on the way too the car. He would toss his cigarette and get in the car but the smell would be on him and thus now everyone else in the car had to smell him and it just stank.

One of the worst smells ever is when you have a close conversation with someone who smokes and is a heavy coffee drinker. Hell I know some people like this you can smell just as they walk by, gag. :puke:

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
woops haha wrong place lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Hemiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A lot of misleading data in video.

We do in fact have recirculate settings. Turn mode sector knob to far left for recirculate.

The posted technique will only allow internal air to enter fan for system. Good for hot areas but not so good on rainy or damp days when windshield will fog constently without fresh air. Also not safe as no fresh air enters cab. factory recirc mode is a mix of mostly internal but some fresh.

This may be ok for those desiring no outside air but just turn to recirc mode and you will have same thing.

If however you want more air flow because you door is broken off and preventing air movement then just break off mesh cover and pull door out through opening. You will have full air flow.

You can then cover opening you created when you broke off mesh with tape etc to have full outside air only.

You do not need to remove whole dash to do what I described. Just take glove box all the way out and look just above it in dash for the "mesh"

Hooker52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8 Magnum
So I have the issue where my air doesn't change locations and pretty much only will blow out of my windshield defrost.

Can't switch it to Feet, Face etc....

This won't fix that issue, correct?

Hemiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have full air flow but cannot switch to feet this is not your direct repair.

If you can select dash/vent and air flows but when you select defrost OR feet and you get almost all of the air from the defrost then your actuator door has broken.

Unfortunately this is the most difficult one to repair. When this door breaks it defaults to 90% defrost and 10% feet. Unless you want to completely remove dash and do a very complicated repair you are kinda stuck.

The other mode doors are much easier to fix.

Good info at heatertreater.com

Dilley383MJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Because it's their money to treat their stuff how ever they want too. That's why people smoke in trucks, homes. You own it, treat it how ever you see fit. Just like some people making crazy mods of paint styles we may not like, but once again. It's their stuff to do with how ever they please. Tattoos and piercing bother you too I assume? It's their body to destroy or decorate how they please. Drop it already.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately this is the most difficult one to repair.

I get excited when I'm reading a thread and I discover they're talking about my issue exactly, but it almost always results in this lol. Thankfully I live in the south, for now, so my feet will survive... Not if I move back to the UP (Michigan) tho...

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you have full air flow but cannot switch to feet this is not your direct repair.

If you can select dash/vent and air flows but when you select defrost OR feet and you get almost all of the air from the defrost then your actuator door has broken.

Unfortunately this is the most difficult one to repair. When this door breaks it defaults to 90% defrost and 10% feet. Unless you want to completely remove dash and do a very complicated repair you are kinda stuck.

The other mode doors are much easier to fix.

Good info at heatertreater.com

Heatertreater.net actually, went to the .com first and it was some sort of strange petroleum product repair site with opinions on using usa sourced crude and not that saudi stuff

Anyways, lol, im going to be doing this repair this summer because im ****** tired of freezing my feet off this winter, good thing it defaults to defrost though.
Im gonna order all 4 doors cause my recirc door is already shot. Might as well do it once and be done.
Maybe once i have the dash off ill resolder the points on the back of the cluster and get my tachometer back! :favorites13: