Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
$17 and my Ambient Air Temperature sensor problem is fixed with a new unit and quick unplugging of the battery. Got some air fresheners and windshield washer fluid while I was at it.

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Hamster can I put in my 2 cents about a trade.........?

I’m going to anyway, lol!

Get your GED and enroll in a school that focuses on the Wind Industry. We have 2 here in the PNW, and I know schools of some kind are all over. It is a growing industry for sure. Just to put it into propesctive for you, in Dec I’ll be starting my 7th year with GE. So straight out of the Army I got on with GE at $19 and change an hour as a Tech 1 with 0 experience on Wind Turbines, (starting rate is higher now). I made my Tech 3 by about my 4th year, and at this point I am making $37 and change an hour. All with full medical, dental, and retirement.

I didn’t attend a school, being a Veteran and my skills from the military got me this gig. But attending a school is definitely the way to go. Like I said, just my 2 cents.

Your Air probably doesn’t feel as cold due to it blowing both face & feet. My truck, work truck, and wife’s car pretty much all do that.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Hey Hamster can I put in my 2 cents about a trade.........?

I’m going to anyway, lol!

Get your GED and enroll in a school that focuses on the Wind Industry. We have 2 here in the PNW, and I know schools of some kind are all over. It is a growing industry for sure. Just to put it into propesctive for you, in Dec I’ll be starting my 7th year with GE. So straight out of the Army I got on with GE at $19 and change an hour as a Tech 1 with 0 experience on Wind Turbines, (starting rate is higher now). I made my Tech 3 by about my 4th year, and at this point I am making $37 and change an hour. All with full medical, dental, and retirement.

I didn’t attend a school, being a Veteran and my skills from the military got me this gig. But attending a school is definitely the way to go. Like I said, just my 2 cents.

Your Air probably doesn’t feel as cold due to it blowing both face & feet. My truck, work truck, and wife’s car pretty much all do that.
Thanks, Mike. Wind, eh? Am I allowed to break it, tho?

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
New issue. Wiper intermittent function is glitching much more often than in the past. I have to turn the wipers all the way on, at least to 'slow' and let them do 1 complete cycle for it to 'reset' and allow the intermittent to work. And even then, sometimes it'll still do weird **** like cycle multiple times in a row on even the longest setting, or just derp out and cycle like 12 times before going back to normal.

PCM, Solenoid, Motor, Fuse? What all could cause this? ((Corrosion on battery? I should probably clean that, anyway... I hate how everything requires so much maintenance.))

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Corrosion on battery? I should probably clean that, anyway... I hate how everything requires so much maintenance.))
Yeah you need to keep electrical stuff free from corrosion or you end up with issues that you can’t figure out.

Get a bus pass if you hate maintenance lol.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Yeah you need to keep electrical stuff free from corrosion or you end up with issues that you can’t figure out.

Get a bus pass if you hate maintenance lol.

K, I'll do that and see if I get the issue again. But if I do, what order do I track down/what are the potential issues?

Also. That feel when you make a thread about issues, and everyone starts talking about the root issue (income) but you still want to know what to do about all the other **** because sperg. :/

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
K, I'll do that and see if I get the issue again. But if I do, what order do I track down/what are the potential issues?

Also. That feel when you make a thread about issues, and everyone starts talking about the root issue (income) but you still want to know what to do about all the other **** because sperg. :/
With corrosion you can have a multitude of gremlins running around the truck, before I cleaned or replaced grounds and corroded connectors I had quite a few issues like interior lights not working, brake lights, headlights, rough idle, radio, cluster acting up, some other things I can’t remember at the moment but when all was corrected, things worked again but I also had a bad pcm and tipm. O and the engine wire harness needed some fixin to, so a lot can happen with bad connections. When the electrical system was clean, it was in good working order.

OP
OP
Drunken Hamster

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
With corrosion you can have a multitude of gremlins running around the truck, before I cleaned or replaced grounds and corroded connectors I had quite a few issues like interior lights not working, brake lights, headlights, rough idle, radio, cluster acting up, some other things I can’t remember at the moment but when all was corrected, things worked again but I also had a bad pcm and tipm. O and the engine wire harness needed some fixin to, so a lot can happen with bad connections. When the electrical system was clean, it was in good working order.
Hmm. Any other points to clean besides the battery terminals?

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
OP pay close attention to what the member's are saying about ground connections. There are at least 5 on most of our trucks. Download a ground connection schematic. One of the most common ground problem is the ground under the fuse/relay box. My tech has solved at least two electrical gremlin issue on my 03 5.7, but re grounding. Suspect that this could be a simple issue that you are having.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Hmm. Any other points to clean besides the battery terminals?

Yeah, there’s a couple along the fenders near battery, one or two on pass fender and on cowl. There’s ground straps coming from the rear of the heads to a stud on the pass side fire wall down by the trans, one from bed to cab, one from battery to block and battery to body/fender, one from block to frame on driver side. Any bolt you see that has wires crimped together with eyelet attached is a ground for multiple connectors. Just crawl around with a good light and you’ll find them. When you done cleaning or replacing them, spray them with inhibitor once in a while to keep clean. All are important to a good running truck.

Last edited:

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
OP pay close attention to what the member's are saying about ground connections. There are at least 5 on most of our trucks. Download a ground connection schematic. One of the most common ground problem is the ground under the fuse/relay box. My tech has solved at least two electrical gremlin issue on my 03 5.7, but re grounding. Suspect that this could be a simple issue that you are having.
The one under the tipm goes up to fender iirc.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Anyway, there’s some out of sight, like under and behind dash too, if you’ve had moisture issues inside truck, check those also. But definitely get that schematic though, it helps find them.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Before starting the clean-up of the grounds (probably too late already), make a run to an auto parts store and pick up a tube of dielectric grease. Then get all of the ground connections clean then put dielectric grease on them, and coat the connections over the top with the grease (just a nice thin coat) this will keep air and water out for some time and stop them from corroding.

Mike