Pioneer AVIC-X9310BT in my 2013 RAM 1500 Express (Photos)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Man, these installs are looking pretty damned good!
If I get much more displeased with the Uconnect 3.0 rubbish that I have, I just might have to do this.

It has a mind of its own, and makes bad decisions, like returning to factory defaults at random. Not so sure about it. I also like Sirrius > XM, which would be a nice thing to get back to. And not having factory crossed over crap, and having pre-amp outs...

Yea, ok. I certainly want to do this.

I'm with you on this one. My head unit will meet an untimely death one day.

zonaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2013 Dash kits are worth more than gold!

smiley87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
2013 Dash kits are worth more than gold!

Really? My local car audio shop has 10 in stock right now? May need to buy them and ebay them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

detwallace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Metra kit is on ebay ebay,
I bought one yesterday for $27 bucks. Getting the proper wiring harness and antenna adapter are important, as mentioned in the initial post.
I will be attempting the same install on my 2013 Express with the do-nothing, awful NoConnect 3.0. (I will use the unit as target practice after).
After the leveling struts, this will be my 2nd favorite upgrade.

RamExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
gotta cut out the metal brace if you install any 2 din head unit

RamExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
oh yeah here's mine:

IMG_0468.jpg

Got all my parts on Amazon. Do yourself a favor and ditch that stock 3.0. its worthless compared to what even the low end double din units can do.

Dodge4L1fe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a clean install! So all the parts necessary can be found on Amazon?

RamExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Amazon.com: Metra 40-EU55 Antenna Adapter for European: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Metra 99-6518B Single/Double DIN Stereo Installation Dash Kit for 2013 Dodge Ram with Pocket & Interface: Car Electronics

That's all you need to hook it up. I'm also currently working on getting the stock USB in arm rest working with my head unit. I have an Axxis connector coming to see if it work. Also with aftermarket head unit it makes installing backup camera SO much simpler since you just run the single video all the way to the radio no messing with harness.

RamExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you get a DVD model you'll also need a parking brake harness to "allow" you to use some features when not in park (not technically legal) like phone dialing and such

mlc317

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the usb in the dash for charging still work with your pioneer head unit, want to do the switch also, just wondering if it stil works, I know you said the center console one doesn't work but was wondering about the dash one, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Sweet setup... I have the 5.0 in my new 2014 Ram 2500 4X4 Crew Cab. I have a pioneer single din with the slide out screen that was also a did player. On the e brake harness, ya can do it without buying anything. I just done a jumper wire and a relay. Cost me like $3... I'd love to do this mod to mine maybe in a year or 2.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II...

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I installed this head unit in a 2nd '13 RAM Express today. I actually traded in my Quad Cab for a Crew Cab. The CC came equipped with the Uconnect 5.0.

One issue with the 5.0 is the System Settings for the truck are controlled by the Radio/Head Unit, not in the EVIC. So I set everything (Lighting, Door Locks, etc.) the way I wanted them and swapped everything out. Everything works perfectly but I have no option to adjust those settings on my own now that the Pioneer is installed. :whymewhyme:

Another note: You will lose the Factory Clock that displays in the EVIC. That is also maintained by the factory Head Unit. This is the case with Uconnect 3.0 and/or 5.0.

More pics:

c.jpg

1.jpg

b.jpg

Did you have steering wheel audio controls for the radio on the stock set up? If so, do they work with the new head unit?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Nice !! Did you have to trim the bezel at all?

Amabate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Did you get the USB in arm rest to work?

yodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500 hemi
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow I absolutely love this mod. I hate my 3.0 with a passion. I just don't want to loose my center console USB I use both pretty much daily. Gf phone charging and mine charging

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
superlubricity
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For anyone looking for a similar setup I'm selling this head unit, wiring harness, antenna adapter, and dash kit. PM if you are interested.

sopranos27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any update on getting the center console stock USB to work? I just had a Pioneer AVIC-5000NEX installed and lost USB function in the console.