Plasti dipping my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

streak379

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
I have decided to plasti dip my truck but trying to decide on a color, I was thinking Blue or purple (im told the purple is close to plum crazy purple) I thought the purple would be pretty bad a**

Any other Ideas for colors? Its the truck in my sig.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Your going to plasti dip your whole truck???

OP
OP
S

streak379

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
Im thinking of white, but it might be hard to do on top of black

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Like a temporary thing lol..just plasti dip isnt all that durable lol might not last long...but if you are doing it just to see what your truck would look like actually painted professionally I say go for it!

OP
OP
S

streak379

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
I was thinking of doing it with 5-6 coats so its kind of thick and maybe run it for about a year and then get it painted for good. Worst comes to worst I Peel it off and its back to black.

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
There is a truck here in Louisville hand painted with a bedliner coating. Im not sure what brand was used but they went with the standard black do it yourself bedliner and I got to say it does look prety sweet with the whole thing done.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We had a member here a couple years ago that PD'd his whole gen3...it was a PITA to get off when he tried removing it.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We had a member here a couple years ago that PD'd his whole gen3...it was a PITA to get off when he tried removing it.

I think that was before they had the dipyourcar kit. I would stay away from white since youre doing it over black. I saw a guy on some jeep forum that did his liberty with the lime green over black and you could almost see a little black through it so I bet white would be worse.

Ant-man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I dipped my girl, I don't have an extra 3-5 grand laying around to redo the horrible pain status on the truck. Blacked out everything except the tail gate with 5 coats.

I would either go black or a black/lime green(blaze).

hemi1300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I dipped my girl, I don't have an extra 3-5 grand laying around to redo the horrible pain status on the truck. Blacked out everything except the tail gate with 5 coats.

I would either go black or a black/lime green(blaze).

Wait a minute, u plasti dipped your girl?? Hoping u meant your grille lol

Ant-man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Wait a minute, u plasti dipped your girl?? Hoping u meant your grille lol

As for 'girl' my dad named his(now my) truck Ann, and yea I originally dipped her to cover the massive paint damage, I hope to get the paint job restored in the future.

Belmont

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it looks cheap. I'd wait the year and get it done up right. Just my opinion though. I would not want to peel all that stuff back off either.