Please help, I have no brakes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001318help

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm working on a 2001 dodge 1500. 5.2 4x4 manual trans. I bought it knowing it needed brake work to start with. That being said, here is the list of things I've done or replaced. New brake lines all the way from master to all 4 wheels. Including the rubber ones. New proportioning valve. New master cylinder, new booster, brakes, calipers, rotors and wheel cylinders and hardware. I have bled 2 gallons through it and the pedal still goes to the floor. I bled them in the correct order and made sure to keep fluid in the master. All new parts. Nothing bought is remanufactured. I bench bled the master as well. I have and light and brake light on dash. When driving the pedal goes instantly to the floor with no resistance, once the pedal is fully depressed, the front brakes lock up..

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
May have to actuate abs module. Does it hold pressure when pumped with engine off?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
^this^ yeah the abs has to be actuated to be bled, needs to be done with a scanner that supports that feature.

Sweeney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ive also seen the vacuum check valve that’s on the brake booster fail and cause the same issue. Might be worth looking into, super simple test, pull it out and try to blow through both sides, you should only be able to blow through 1 side.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
How aggressive is your rear brake adjustment? For the most part, the rear drums set pedal height. I would make sure the rear brakes were installed and adjusted correctly - I like to see a light drag on them during rotation - before I went any further.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio