Popping in front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cory hardy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys, I’ve just about redone the whole suspension in this truck , ball joints , shocks , upper and lower control arms , sway bar bushings and links, outer tie rod ends. And it still has a pop to it. Really when applying the brakes , sometimes taking off. This is really annoying, can anyone help

TorRedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the same issue and I can't figure it out and it's driving me NUTS. The dealer has double and triple checked all suspension/front end components and can't find an issue. I'm taking it back in next week to have the body mounts checked and to go over everything again. It's super annoying and seems to be a fairly common issue on these trucks. I have a 2016 1500 sport 4x4. I've had the steering column replaced as that can be an issue causing clunking in the joints.

Culprits I have found in my research:

Ball joints/Tie Rod Ends
Steering Column shaft
Steering column bracket is warped/loose that mounts under steering wall on firewall
Body Mounts
Brake Calipers/Pads
Sway Bar links - some just need to be torqued to spec
Bushings

audiowize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Did you do the suspension work? (Not at all questioning the quality of your work if you did, actually 100% the opposite)

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The first thing I'd do is re-inspect the sway bar to see if it went back in upside down. that's where I found my clunk on take off after I redid all of this on my 07 4.7/2wd.