Popping noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had this popping noise coming from the front of my truck when I am braking. It is just a single pop. And I've tried to trace it down and it sounds like it is coming in from behind my passenger side fender near my headlight. I have new cv axle installed new ball joints new control arm etc everything is new and I've looked to see if everything was tightened and everything is good buy the noise still remains any suggestions? ? I have a 2003 dodge ram 1500 slt 4x4

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hubs are good calipers are good brakes are good motor mounts are good body mounts are good

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
we're bushings tightened with truck sitting on all 4 wheels on a level surface?

LifeSTRONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lower control arm is probably sliding.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've checked both control arms both torqued to spec popping sound is still there.

LifeSTRONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've checked both control arms both torqued to spec popping sound is still there.

100 percent your cam bolts didn't move, did u mark them with a marker? Hmmmm can u post a video of it or anything?

Brock3rd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have found that if you can turn upper control bolts even a quarter turn (forget torque spec) noise went away. Had it happen to me. Have someone drive forward then back and watch that's how I found mine. Tighten with wrench and not 6 foot bar. Bolts do break.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So after hours of searching for the sound I found that after taking it to have to the shop a week ago to have a new pcm installed someone left a nice new ratchet wrench that somehow found a way inside of the frame of the truck causing the single irritating popping sound. But at the end of the day I still got a free tool out of it lol!!

LifeSTRONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So after hours of searching for the sound I found that after taking it to have to the shop a week ago to have a new pcm installed someone left a nice new ratchet wrench that somehow found a way inside of the frame of the truck causing the single irritating popping sound. But at the end of the day I still got a free tool out of it lol!!

Lol so your sure it isn't the lower control arm or the upper!? Lol jk.. Glad you got a free wrench and got it figured out.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol IL use my new wrench to go check lol jk thanks for the support and quick responses

gurowar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hmm I have a metallic clicking noise coming from my passenger front side perhaps someone want to give me a free tool also thank you for posting the resolution.