Positive camber?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I noticed since day one my truck *looks* like it has some positive camber out front. Is this normal for a power wagon? Called a few places and kind a few different answers. 'Normal', 'somethings off', and 'power wagons have their own alignment specs so it's tough to say'.

The alternative is I have negative camber out back, but that likely means a bent axle so I am hoping it's up front [emoji1787]

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Worn ball joints could cause issues, but I wouldn't expect them to be worn n a new truck. I don't know about the 2020's. but I assume the camber is fixed, i.e. not adjustable. A long, long, time ago you could adjust camber by using shims on a straight axle. Only toe and caster are adjustable. Just for the hell of it, check your articulink cams are set the same on both sides. Good tech info here: https://www.thurenfabrication.com/tech/alignment-and-handling.html.

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Worn ball joints could cause issues, but I wouldn't expect them to be worn n a new truck. I don't know about the 2020's. but I assume the camber is fixed, i.e. not adjustable. A long, long, time ago you could adjust camber by using shims on a straight axle. Only toe and caster are adjustable. Just for the hell of it, check your articulink cams are set the same on both sides. Good tech info here: https://www.thurenfabrication.com/tech/alignment-and-handling.html.
I checked those cams first thing as they gave me grief on my previous truck, but good suggestion :)

It may be an optical illusion. I guess when I get to the city next I may get them to check it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you say positive camber I am thinking you are talking about the top of the tires sticking out slightly compared to the bottom. If so, I think this is normal. I have always noticed that with mine.

I used to always look at the front tires from the back, comparing them to the rear tires, on my 2000 half ton ram. When i saw them leaning in on the top, thats when I knew it was time for ball joints and wheel bearings again LOL.

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
When you say positive camber I am thinking you are talking about the top of the tires sticking out slightly compared to the bottom. If so, I think this is normal. I have always noticed that with mine.

I used to always look at the front tires from the back, comparing them to the rear tires, on my 2000 half ton ram. When i saw them leaning in on the top, thats when I knew it was time for ball joints and wheel bearings again LOL.
Yes, that's exactly it. The tops stick out slightly compared to the bottom.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Ok cool. I can put that one to bed then. Given it tracks true and doesn't pull all over I was kind of thinking it must be, but wanted to ask those who know more :)
Your wear pattern on your tires would till you in 3-5 miles. But if you are running 65 psi you probably already wore out the center.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can vouch...they lean out at the top a bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500