Possible dead battery and check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So the other day my truck stuggled to turn on. Yesterday morning the same thing. Once i got the truck on the check engine light came on and does not want to go off is this because of the battery not wanting to hold a charge?

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my truck did the same exact thing. Except, at one point I turned it off and that was it. Never turned back on until I jumped the battery. Then same thing, I shut it off and went to start it 5 seconds later and nothing. Changed the battery and all is fine now. But mine is an 07 and it had the factory battery in it. It was bound to fail any day at that point. You're a 12 though, so hard to believe your battery is dying.

OP
OP
BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Maybe from the sound system. Im running 1500-2k rms power.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably so, too much draw on the battery and your alt can't charge it efficiently. Time for the big 3 upgrade.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
thats one thing i have not done yet. guess i need to buy some 0 gauge wire an get it done. but im going to take it to the dealer to get it looked at first and to clear the engine light.

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
My 12 just had the battery replaced on warranty, I'm guessing the cold weather killed it. It set a code as well, I forget the number but when I checked it it said "System low voltage" or something along those lines. I had the struggling start for a while then the last couple days it just flat out refused to start without a boost :( Least the dealer was good about it, was only at the dealer about an hour while they did their tests, and I left with a brand new battery

OP
OP
BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i hope the dealer covers mine. if they do i will save 250-300%

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
I must have a good dealer that is okay with mods, I figured they would laugh and hand my keys back when they saw all the stuff I had wired in and the tuner, but they never even mentioned em. Overall was a painless visit, and now I don't have to worry about if the truck will start or not

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I must have a good dealer that is okay with mods, I figured they would laugh and hand my keys back when they saw all the stuff I had wired in and the tuner, but they never even mentioned em. Overall was a painless visit, and now I don't have to worry about if the truck will start or not

Pretty ballsy to leave your tuner plugged in while getting it serviced at the dealership.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My battery kicked the bucket and swelled up last week, after I had been gone home for the holidays (apparently it was chilly while I was gone). It was pretty much 3 years old. Managed to get my key fob stuck in the ignition too, which I didn't know was normal at the time, lol.

What's your voltage gauge reading with the truck running? Is your alternator building it's charge?

OP
OP
BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I had pulled the fuse for the amps the day before yesterday. I turned it on yesterday but it struggled again. When it did start the voltage meter looked to be normal. And today as i try to start it it wouldnt budge.