Potential new owner.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polot21200

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
New guy here saying hello. Looking at buying my first Dodge Ram pretty excited. I currently have a midsize truck and I need a full size truck more and more especially with a cap on the back have a huge German Shepherd so the cat will be a lifesaver and interior saver and I found this beauty. I'm not new to Chrysler products I had three Jeep Wranglers back in the day before. I'm currently looking at this Dodge Ram I'm going on Wednesday to test drive it and if the numbers work out I'll be driving it home. It seems like a decent price for the truck anything I should watch out for or look at like I said I've never owned a Dodge Ram before. I'm trading in a 2017 Tacoma TRD off-road double cab I love the truck but I just need a full size.

https://www.tommasanoford.com/used/...30a0e0ae74d0e9884d1f57191.htm?searchDepth=1:1

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your purchase.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
The Car fax indicates “Bumper guards installed” but pictures don’t appear to show them. It looks like a clean truck but of course there are not any shots of the underside. It’s been used for towing, based upon the condition of the hitch, but looks like a clean truck. I’d recommend having your own independent mechanic check it out and if it is in sound condition, purchase an extended warranty from the a genuine Mopar extended warranty from Ziegler of Michigan (https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/) or another reputable firm who you can find on this forum. DO NOT PURCASE from the Ford dealer as it will be a third party warranty which IMO is wasted money.

mboymopar

MOPAR
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport
Engine
345 HEMI
Sharp looking truck, good luck.
Welcome to the site from west Michigan

OP
OP
P

polot21200

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The Car fax indicates “Bumper guards installed” but pictures don’t appear to show them. It looks like a clean truck but of course there are not any shots of the underside. It’s been used for towing, based upon the condition of the hitch, but looks like a clean truck. I’d recommend having your own independent mechanic check it out and if it is in sound condition, purchase an extended warranty from the a genuine Mopar extended warranty from Ziegler of Michigan (https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/) or another reputable firm who you can find on this forum. DO NOT PURCASE from the Ford dealer as it will be a third party warranty which IMO is wasted money.

I'm mechanically inclined so I'll crawl under the truck and check for any rust or anything like that any signs of abuse. I just checked out that warranty it would cost me about $3,500 so that's out of the question. I'm almost pretty sure the dealership offers a lifetime engine guarantee on any vehicle purchased from them new or used

guyc66

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If those are the original Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires I would suggest negotiating for a new set based on the truck's mileage because you will probably need tires soon. Of course, I can't tell how much tread depth is left on them in the photos but based on my personal experience the original SR-A's don't have a good tread life (mine wore down to the wear indicators by 26,300 miles). Good luck with your purchase, it looks like a nice truck!

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice - almost looks like the same color as my 2017 BH (think mine's called "True Blue"). Think you'll love it. Might want to do a quick pass against True Car to double check their price...but it seems about right.

I replaced my SR-A tires with BFG T/A KO2's.

I have a German Shepherd, too. White. He's a jerk, but my very best buddy.

Enjoy and welcome.

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New guy here saying hello. Looking at buying my first Dodge Ram pretty excited. I currently have a midsize truck and I need a full size truck more and more especially with a cap on the back have a huge German Shepherd so the cat will be a lifesaver and interior saver and I found this beauty. I'm not new to Chrysler products I had three Jeep Wranglers back in the day before. I'm currently looking at this Dodge Ram I'm going on Wednesday to test drive it and if the numbers work out I'll be driving it home. It seems like a decent price for the truck anything I should watch out for or look at like I said I've never owned a Dodge Ram before. I'm trading in a 2017 Tacoma TRD off-road double cab I love the truck but I just need a full size.

https://www.tommasanoford.com/used/...30a0e0ae74d0e9884d1f57191.htm?searchDepth=1:1

Nice looking truck. I'm currently selling my 2014 Express, maybe I should raise my price a hair, lol.

Looks like a nice truck, I like the bed topper. I also like the center console, mine has the jump seat.

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a 2015 Outdoorsman model that I made the dealership take back because of consistent issues for the 3 mos. I owned it. I am sure it was a bad apple, and shouldn’t impact your decision. Just a couple of notes you may want to consider, now having compared my Outdoorsman with my current 2015 Big Horn.

The Outdoorsman is a bit of a ******* model that lives between Big Horn and Laramie...not necessarily a bad thing. Many nice options, but possibly not enough of what you would prefer in an alternative RAM. I don’t think the price is so awesome, that you can’t look around if this doesn’t check all the boxes.

1. 4x4

2. Doesn’t look like it has a dual exhaust

3. Crew Cab is roomier, and you’ll be grateful at some point for the extra interior room. I am not sure if the standard cab has hidden storage underneath.

4. 17” wheels vs. 20”

5. The cap and liner is nice, if you don’t prefer an open bed.

6. Get the OEM mud guards, they’re very nice.

7. Looks like this one comes with the all weather mats - nice option and standard on Outdoorsman.

9. See if the vehicle is eligible for a Max Care extended warranty through MOPAR. A reseller like Zeigler will probably give you the best deal.

10. Tow package is nice, if you tow.

11. Not sure if the rear has a fold flat option in the back.

1, 2, 3 - all impact future value and are desirable to many.

You’re welcome to PM with any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
over priced for a tradesman, probably can get a new one for that price. let me check a couple things, brb.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
awe, much better, my bad.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'd just say this, troll around this website and see what new ones go for. No warranty left and a new one they probably have twenty trucks for less then that used one. Normally trucks are one year older then they post, so that is like sold in 2014 truck re-sold in 2019, I'd go new. Plus, your truck is the most sought after mid sized truck made, so you hold the cards. I would probably try and sell it outright and go new. But, i' notoriously cheap, just giving you options. If you get an older one it would be way cheaper and you could get critical updates when necessary.

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just bought a brand new loaded 2019 Tradesman Classic but with a 3.6 for just about the same price.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
one thing hurts is value is quad cab, guys are buying crew, so resale may be an issue. can you get them to offer a warranty? negotiate a bit, it is a nice truck. after you test drive with engine warm, listen to the idle, make sure it isn't ticking. one great thing, you have the 3.92 upgrade, nice drive that truck.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hidden rust would be my big concern. Plus, if it’s a 2015 Hemi 5.7, where are the dual exhausts with the bumper cutouts?

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hidden rust would be my big concern. Plus, if it’s a 2015 Hemi 5.7, where are the dual exhausts with the bumper cutouts?

I believe the Outdoorsman were manufactured as a single pipe, it’s badged Hemi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk