Potential new owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abq_Jon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,

I’m currently negotiating a 2020 1500 sport 4x4 with the etorque 5.7. All my research said this is a great truck but I’d like to know if there are any issues I need to know about or if I should look for a different model.

thanks

Jon

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You may get bias reactions since you are asking on a ram forum, but I have the 5.7 w/etorque and it has been a great truck. The ride is incredible. What I normally ask myself if I like it "would I buy it again?" My answer is yes, great truck.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum and good luck with your purchase.

OP
OP
A

Abq_Jon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! The sticker was $56, with rebates and coupons (and solid negotiating) we are at $45. Getting close to a deal. As long as there aren’t any bumps in the road lol.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are you plan on doing with the truck? I have only had minor issues with all the Rams I own. My 5th gen 2500 so far has no problems. I did read the 12in screen was buggy but they seems to be fixed with an update :)

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
We have two 2020 1500 eTorques in the family. One is a Laramie 4WD and the other a Lone Star 2WD. Both have been rock solid since day one and zero complaints. I would buy another 1500 because a dealer couldn’t give me enough money for them. I’ve owned Rams going back to the late 1980’s and these have been the only ones that have NEVER had to go back to the dealer after purchase for repairs, issues or quality defects...just oil changes and that is because the first two years are free here in Texas.

P.S. I spent most of my life in Alaska. Grew up there. Moved to Texas with a transfer eight years ago. Do the math...most of my Ram ownership was in Alaska where Ram is the best selling truck year after year. They hold up well in that tough environment so couldn’t see a reason to change when moving to Texas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Abq_Jon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the input! I picked up my 1500 Ram sport 4x4 this evening. So far I really like it snd so does the family. I cannot believe how comfortable, and roomy it is compared to my F-150 I traded in.