Power Door Lock Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

myinhousebigdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 cyl. 5.2 LT
Hi, I have the following:
2001 DODGE RAM 1500 "SPORT"
AWD / V8 / 5.2 LT / CRE CAB
>>>>
For the longest time I have been dealing with these (2) Pwr. door lock issues that I hope a member here can help me to resolve.
ISSUE #1 DRIVER SIDE POWER DOOR LOCK AUTOMATICALLY LOCKS WHEN I HIT 30-35 MPH!
*When I initially start driving, once I hit around 30-35 MPH, the driver's side door automatically locks itself. I know it's a safety issue but
at my age, Unnecessary for me now. Can you please provide steps, for me to be able to [disengage] this feature

ISSUES #2 THE DRIVER'S SIDE POWER DOOR LOCK AUTOMATICALLY LOCKS AFTER I PARK AND EXIT MY TRUCK!
*I will stop, turn off my engine, exit my truck then for some reason, the driver's side power door lock decides to "LOCK ME OUT" on that
side. Very frustrating! Can you please provide steps for me to [disengage] this feature? Tired of getting "locked out" on the other side
of my truck! :)
Thank You
Tommy

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Check the wiring in the accordion boot from the door to the body for chafing.
If the other doors work properly it's isolated to that door.

1979PowerWagon360

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 TRX
Engine
I'm sorry. Not sure what you mean by the boot could be (chafing)? What do ya mean? Ty
The power door locks have a rubber ish boot that's accordion shaped at the top.

As the window goes up and down it's possible the regulator has rubbed something and shorted something. I've had that happen on other vehicle.