POWER-less sub in POWER WAGON

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good morning. Has anyone replaced their factory subwoofer (under the rear seat) with a plug in upgraded one? Not much Power coming from the factory sub in this POWER WAGON!

Just curious about the good ones vs the bad ones to stay away from. Thanks!

IMG_2578.jpg

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldnt touch the sub without upgrading the rest of the components. Just my opinion though.

tastysuds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ive replaced my whole stereo in my 2017, only to rip it out as the truck is a lemon law. I did order a new truck recently. I replaced my sub with a pioneer model, didn't do much and it never will without an amplifier. I kept my stock NAV head unit and used an adapter with 3 power amps and replaced all speakers. In the end it sounded awesome. You can get better sound with just an amp on the sub if you want to go the cheap route.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Off subject, but since you've got that great pic of your truck! How are you liking the snorkel? I've been on the fence for getting the same one for months! Just need that little gentle push I guess!
Sorry for the slight "derailing" of your thread!
mazer

OP
OP
Corvette427

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love it, gets all kind of looks to!

Off subject, but since you've got that great pic of your truck! How are you liking the snorkel? I've been on the fence for getting the same one for months! Just need that little gentle push I guess!
Sorry for the slight "derailing" of your thread!
mazer

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the Power Wagon have the Alpine system?

Charlie W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Mine has the Alpine and it will blow you out of there. The subwoofer under the back seat delivers rich clear bass licks. Only think I might add is a CD player.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Isn't there a plug and play Kicker sub and amp combo already designed for the Ram trucks?