Power Wagons ... Post em up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fitzreefer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
There a video from pwim ole dude slammed those sliders HARD lol. Kept on truckin
Sliders the way they meant to be built...WKOR or Maple Off-road. I think either one is a winner. Frame mounted is the way to go, with a kicker near the rear tire IMO. Randy Ellis Design makes some sleek ones called Sliderz that mount to the body at the edge that I think will take a vertical hit, but don't offer as much side body protection, and don't double as a step rail.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Mailgator who did you get the roof rack from? I like the versatility of a roof rack, but like being able to have the sunroof open. Does it affect wind coming in? I like the wind lol.

If I were to turn her into an overland vehicle I’d want something that handles a roof top tent. I forgot the guy who makes the truck bed rack that is roof top tent capable and works with ramboxes

Sent from an undisclosed location in Iraq
Mine is a go rhino and I got it from Nick @gotexhaust. I don't have a sunroof so I'm not sure. I may not have gotten if I had a sunroof.I think having a rack would take away from having a sunroof. I believe the rack your are thinking of is from dethloff manufacturing

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Mine is a go rhino and I got it from Nick @gotexhaust. I don't have a sunroof so I'm not sure. I may not have gotten if I had a sunroof.I think having a rack would take away from having a sunroof. I believe the rack your are thinking of is from dethloff manufacturing

Both dethloff and nutzo make expedition racks for the ram boxes. However I want one made that I can add storage boxes and accessories to that has gas struts which would enable me to lift the sides the accessories are on and still gain access to the ram boxes. I’m surprised no one has engineered this yet. I emailed nutzo for a quote to see if it’s possible.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
This is it of my beach photos I promise [emoji23]. Little cheesy YouTube video of us cruising part of the inside road to orv ramp 49 in Hatteras as well. This truck dominates, not once did I ever remotely feel like I was getting stuck. It just blows right thru the soft sand on the southern OBX beaches. The inside road was way more tame than I anticipated only a few spots were really soft and deep.

18089f4878cce6c1ed3cde6251d2933f.jpga3e353ac9441583dde51ee93036e31f4.jpg

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
This is it of my beach photos I promise [emoji23]. Little cheesy YouTube video of us cruising part of the inside road to orv ramp 49 in Hatteras as well. This truck dominates, not once did I ever remotely feel like I was getting stuck. It just blows right thru the soft sand on the southern OBX beaches. The inside road was way more tame than I anticipated only a few spots were really soft and deep.

Awesome pics! You know we have that right here in MD, right?

202AE114-852F-4E2E-9386-8775311AAF8C.jpeg

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Awesome pics! You know we have that right here in MD, right?

View attachment 175406
I haven't been down to ocean City or assateague in years. I got totally turned off to ocean City after a few ignorant encounters down there. Really have no desire to return. I'm sure assateague is probably different but my whole mindset is screw Mds Eastern shore...lol

Nice pic as well, PWs just look good on the beach

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Mailgator who did you get the roof rack from? I like the versatility of a roof rack, but like being able to have the sunroof open. Does it affect wind coming in? I like the wind lol.

If I were to turn her into an overland vehicle I’d want something that handles a roof top tent. I forgot the guy who makes the truck bed rack that is roof top tent capable and works with ramboxes

Try Diamond Back. https://diamondbackcovers.com/
Best use of a truck when you have the HD one. It will support bike racks, ATV, rooftop tents. Anything up 1600 pounds. For the ramboxes look at the butterfly option. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...ct-brochure-fall-2018.pdf?7291226476039863299

Edit: they also make s cover that fits your rails between the boxes and still hold 1600lb.

93622D0C-B68F-4EC4-B345-C918A1897326.jpeg

Last edited:

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Awesome pics for sure. Truck looks perfect. How is the road noise with the tires you are running while on the highway?

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Awesome pics for sure. Truck looks perfect. How is the road noise with the tires you are running while on the highway?
They are Cooper stt pro m/t and out of the other tires I've owned nitto trail graps, bfg km2 m/t, and nitto ridge graps. These are the loudest. The road noise doesn't really bother me though I've tuned out the tires and wind noise from the roof rack. Just turn up the stereo...lol

Fitzreefer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L

Ramp 49 Frisco. One of my favorite beaches. Spent a lot of time there with my fam. Usually entered from Billy Mitchell airport side. Always stop at Frisco Rod & Gun to pick up t-shirts before I leave.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Newtype311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just picked up my 2019 Monday night, so I really haven't had a chance to take it anywhere yet and take some better photos.

I got it fully loaded with the exception of the running boards, dual alternators, and upfitter package. I would have gotten the upfitter package had I realized it added those nice AUX switches, but at the time I thought "Well I'm never going to hook up a snow plow like it says, so I guess I don't need this.". Oh well, I'm sure there will be nice aftermarket options when I get to the point where I want some additional lighting. For right now I just want to enjoy it stock, but 35's, rock sliders, and ceramic coating are in the future. Probably in reverse order.

2kPTBJi.jpg

I'm parked next to my friend's Roush Raptor and its crazy how the Power Wagon totally eclipses it from the side.

FQn5IjG.jpg

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Why no dual alternator package? If you’re winching, there’s no such thing as too much electricity.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Why no dual alternator package? If you’re winching, there’s no such thing as too much electricity.

Mine didn’t have it as well but it is something you can add after. Since I didn’t order mine and found it at a dealer I didn’t have the option. But I’m gonna get it.

I love that color blue yummy

I also love the headlights and fog lights more than the 18...

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just picked up my 2019 Monday night, so I really haven't had a chance to take it anywhere yet and take some better photos.

I got it fully loaded with the exception of the running boards, dual alternators, and upfitter package. I would have gotten the upfitter package had I realized it added those nice AUX switches, but at the time I thought "Well I'm never going to hook up a snow plow like it says, so I guess I don't need this.". Oh well, I'm sure there will be nice aftermarket options when I get to the point where I want some additional lighting. For right now I just want to enjoy it stock, but 35's, rock sliders, and ceramic coating are in the future. Probably in reverse order.

2kPTBJi.jpg

I'm parked next to my friend's Roush Raptor and its crazy how the Power Wagon totally eclipses it from the side.

FQn5IjG.jpg
Congrats on a beautiful truck. The more I see these the more I am thinking my next truck will be a PW.

Newtype311

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks guys!

I think if I had to do it over again I would have gotten the alternator and upfitter options for sure, but at the time I was grouping them both together in that category of things I'll never need (ie plowing snow). it was pretty much the week after I ordered it that I realized my mistake and also the fact that just given the nature of this truck, the idea of worrying about things I'll never need was pretty nonsensical. :oops: