Power Wagons ... Post em up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Nothing fancy, but a guy at work just bought a new warlock. So we got em lined up pretty good.

From left to right.

"The baby" 3.6l silver ram.
"The adolescent" 5.7l graphite ram
"Big Daddy" my PW hahah.

Also not pictured is another girl who has a white 4th gen 1500. Wish I could've got her in too7baae29c1b1ccc20a6d10548b70676f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at ‘20 Power Wagons.

1st thing that’s happening is all badges and decals are getting removed. I think they look amazing that way honestly.

2ndly I’m wondering if anyone has pics of a PW with the flares removed as well.

I think it would be such a good look and I’m not a fan of the ‘19+ flares with that notch they put in them.

So does anyone know of any flare-less Wagons?

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
The flares serve their purpose for those that use the trucks for their intended purpose. They also allow for a wider tire without sticking out past the fender. Don’t think many have removed them. If you didn’t like the things that make a Power Wagon (visually) a Power Wagon, why did you get one?

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The flares serve their purpose for those that use the trucks for their intended purpose. They also allow for a wider tire without sticking out past the fender. Don’t think many have removed them. If you didn’t like the things that make a Power Wagon (visually) a Power Wagon, why did you get one?
Why did you alter things about yours?

The oem flares are no wider/not very different from any other set of oem flares from an Ram. And they don’t really protect much. I’ve had larger flares on a Ram before and they didn’t protect as much as you think. I just don’t like flares.

Just because I don’t like the flares or stickers doesn’t mean I won’t fully appreciate the front and rear lockers as well as the disconnectable sway bar and winch. I’m not getting one for the flares and stickers I’m getting one for the things I listed above.

What do the flares and stickers have to do with what the truck can really do? I just have preferences and always make changes to my trucks.

Just like I’d also like to throw some 35s on the oem wheels to get rid of the (IMO) too small 33” duracraps. It’s not like I’m looking to put 22x14s with huge offset on the thing...so gold your horses. I love the 17” wheel and beefy sidewalls (both the performance they provide as well as the look).

Is it okay with you if I end up modding my own wagon that I pay for just as you’ve made some changes to yours? Or do I need to consult you first?

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Why did you alter things about yours?

The oem flares are no wider/not very different from any other set of oem flares from an Ram. And they don’t really protect much. I’ve had larger flares on a Ram before and they didn’t protect as much as you think. I just don’t like flares.

Just because I don’t like the flares or stickers doesn’t mean I won’t fully appreciate the front and rear lockers as well as the disconnectable sway bar and winch. I’m not getting one for the flares and stickers I’m getting one for the things I listed above.

What do the flares and stickers have to do with what the truck can really do? I just have preferences and always make changes to my trucks.

Just like I’d also like to throw some 35s on the oem wheels to get rid of the (IMO) too small 33” duracraps. It’s not like I’m looking to put 22x14s with huge offset on the thing...so gold your horses. I love the 17” wheel and beefy sidewalls (both the performance they provide as well as the look).

Is it okay with you if I end up modding my own wagon that I pay for just as you’ve made some changes to yours? Or do I need to consult you first?
Put your feelings away, Nancy. I was asking a genuine question. Setting aside the fact that this thread isn’t the place for you to pose your question, I was genuinely interested in your answer.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Friendly advice, flip your hook upside down. Two reasons. One, your hook should always be facing upwards in a rigging situation, so installing it upside down gets you into the habit. But more importantly, if the hook is installed upside down, no one can steal your warn strap. As it is now, anyone can walk by and open the hook and help themselves.

HeliNomad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Friendly advice, flip your hook upside down. Two reasons. One, your hook should always be facing upwards in a rigging situation, so installing it upside down gets you into the habit. But more importantly, if the hook is installed upside down, no one can steal your warn strap. As it is now, anyone can walk by and open the hook and help themselves.

Cool thanks! Sound advise.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
of course any one walking by can just reach up and flip the lever and unspool your entire line....I do keep my strap in the truck.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
of course any one walking by can just reach up and flip the lever and unspool your entire line....I do keep my strap in the truck.

Luckily most Dbags that would steal something wouldnt know the first thing about operating a winch. hahah. but you are right, all they have to do is flip that clutch lever, and the whole thing can be theirs.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As stock as they can get. I bought it on Wednesday with 13 miles brought it home and clayed it and waxed it. Only thing that bugs me is the power wagon decals down the side of the box. Would have looked so much better if they were ghosted or not there at all. I like how the black ones look where you barely see the decals. Not sure how much of a pain it would be to remove them. My truck was built 7/20 according to door jam sticker. Anybody peel them off and if so how did it turn out?
B8FCAE32-02A1-42A6-8EE8-86616EE706CA.jpeg

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
As stock as they can get. I bought it on Wednesday with 13 miles brought it home and clayed it and waxed it. Only thing that bugs me is the power wagon decals down the side of the box. Would have looked so much better if they were ghosted or not there at all. I like how the black ones look where you barely see the decals. Not sure how much of a pain it would be to remove them. My truck was built 7/20 according to door jam sticker. Anybody peel them off and if so how did it turn out?
View attachment 219977
I love your truck color with the decals. Black, red, silver and blue PW looks good with them. And if you take them off your white truck, it looks like you drive a company fleet truck. So I would keep them.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Luckily most Dbags that would steal something wouldnt know the first thing about operating a winch. hahah. but you are right, all they have to do is flip that clutch lever, and the whole thing can be theirs.
I tuck mine in the side, but if you tighten the spool it is impossible to release the drum without backing off the winch first. Plus, the strap is like a whole $7. I’m not losing sleep over it.

4527878F-8631-465C-8F1A-4114A1D9A8BB.jpeg

62139964-EF48-4BEC-A145-364610C0CA37.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357