Power Wagons ... Post em up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gulfstream

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I just noticed you joined today, welcome to the forum. The entire group is awesome, I used to spend most of my time on the Cummins side till I bought my PW.

Whatever info you need you can get here, electronics..... pop over to the 4th gen section for electronics and so on..

Again Welcome, Enjoy and Congrats!
Thanks for the welcome, I can already see I'll be spending a lot of time here!

Jeffrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
My first Dodge truck, a 2018 Power Wagon. I've owned 3 Jeeps previously but due to longer drive times for business I got tired of the noisy, uncomfortable gas guzzling jeep. Two out of the 3 problems have been taken care ;) I've had it for just over a week now and have received multiple compliments on my "nice truck." I'm quite amazed at how well this truck cuts through snow drifts and handles itself on icy/snowy roads.

It's nice to have a forum like this to learn from. I've gotten lots of ideas already and have some small mods in mind once the nice weather is back up here in Canada.

20190126_123842.jpg

Jeffrey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
@Jeffrey, welcome to the club. Is that your driveway? looks cold up there.

Yes that's the driveway/skating rink. I started to rebuild the retaining wall too late in the season last year and we had a wet fall so I was unable to finish it. The result is a steady stream of water rolling down my property from the fields beside me to the Bay of Quinte on the other side. I don't think I'll be able to finish it until it dries up completely in July.

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My first Dodge truck, a 2018 Power Wagon. I've owned 3 Jeeps previously but due to longer drive times for business I got tired of the noisy, uncomfortable gas guzzling jeep. Two out of the 3 problems have been taken care ;) I've had it for just over a week now and have received multiple compliments on my "nice truck." I'm quite amazed at how well this truck cuts through snow drifts and handles itself on icy/snowy roads.

It's nice to have a forum like this to learn from. I've gotten lots of ideas already and have some small mods in mind once the nice weather is back up here in Canada.

View attachment 153501

Welcome Jeffrey,

Great color and you will enjoy your PW. I have owned 4 jeeps and ( 2 were Rubicons and wheeled them more in deep sand and mud) but we go to the mountains several times a year in winter and they do just as well in the snow and ice as my jeeps. It snows in the foothills a few times a year and will get the occasional dump of snow that strands everyone and it’s funny because we are out with the PW and SXS acting as taxi for neighbors or pulling people out of ditches or off drifts.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L

mboymopar

MOPAR
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport
Engine
345 HEMI

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
9C5A5CF9-3047-4FB2-A232-085FA8CA8B7E.jpeg 3500 lbs dry trailer
4000 lbs of clay pigeons.

This truck huals well if you balance the load right.

4816771D-0613-4E90-BBBD-452E3F60B628.jpeg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stoked to join a PW forum!
Want to add the Thuren Oberland front
only system, but don't want the back end to sag when towing, or with my sled in the back!
Any recommendations on air bags?
I do not want to loose any travel!!

View attachment 154314

View attachment 154315

View attachment 154317

Yes, what low_sky suggested. Here is a link to a writeup I did on that same setup....

http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4732

Whats your current suspension/tire/wheel setup?

Thurens rear coils really are not gonna sag all that much more than the stock coils. Plus, your gonna needs bags anyway if you tow much because you will be level when unloaded with his front springs. Might as well just get the rears too!

TrickyRicky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thanks for the info!
Currently running it stock with 35 Cooper STT pro's...-25 offset.
Debating getting the full overland front and rear, but wanted to ensure that it didn't sag hence the airbags!
I'll check your write up for sure!
I drive an excessive amount of gravel roads so the rear Thuren coils would be a bonus!

TrickyRicky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does the overland system come with the boogie bumps, or only with the extreme package? I don't see them listed individually on their site?

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Does the overland system come with the boogie bumps, or only with the extreme package? I don't see them listed individually on their site?
The overland extreme comes with the stops. Overland does not. I LOVE my Thuren system! It’s in a non pw. But it kinda does pw stuff lol. You won’t regret the system.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L

Look harder, boogies are available a la carte too.

The air bags will go in in lieu of the rear bump stops, so you only need a pair and mounting hardware for the front. (And this is why you need the Ultimate bags with the internal bump stop)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Looks like Hidden Falls, or the Texas Hill Country at least. I love the Mojave color.
Ha. I just left that part of Texas and now reside in Arizona. No more paying to off-road :favorites37: