Premium light package headlight moisture?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the premium LED lighting kit on my big horn. I can say without a doubt I LOVE the headlights. They are worlds better than my last 3 rams halogens which were like driving by candlelight. However I've noticed frost INSIDE the headlight lenses. So far its not interfering with the light production but I know in halogen style lights water vapor can fry them.

Anyone else see moisture INSIDE the lens? Is this going to be a problem? Either way lots of warranty left as the truck is just a couple weeks old.

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
I have the premium LED lighting kit on my big horn. I can say without a doubt I LOVE the headlights. They are worlds better than my last 3 rams halogens which were like driving by candlelight. However I've noticed frost INSIDE the headlight lenses. So far its not interfering with the light production but I know in halogen style lights water vapor can fry them.

Anyone else see moisture INSIDE the lens? Is this going to be a problem? Either way lots of warranty left as the truck is just a couple weeks old.
It happens from time time to timem on different vehicles. I have had it happen on a previous truck, off to the dealer asap and under warranty had them replace both head light assemblies. No guarantees the moisture will stop unless they are replaced all together. Also made sure they gave me the old headlights, as I paid for them whenI purchased the vehicle

Last edited:

Deshantai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Moisture should not be inside the housing unit. Get them replaced

OP
OP
Guyfromthenorth
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are ordering new ones now. Heres what they look like at this point (the frost is inside not out). It was way worse earlier, this is after running and driving with lights on for about an hour which does drop some if the moisture. In the morning they are about 75% frosted over.

20190206_120515.jpg

20190206_120509.jpg

Rambutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
Guyfromthenorth
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lights replaced without hassle from the dealer. Look great and no issues since.

OP
OP
Guyfromthenorth
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So we had the lights replaced over winter to solve the issue only to have the drivers side fill with water again this spring. Two complaints:

1) It filled and indeed did short out the electrical this time so I lost my drivers side turn signals and ALL lights.
2) After bringing it to the dealer for a THIRD light leak the dealer had to delay the repair to ask FCA for approval to fix it because the lens alone is 1800$ plus the LED bulbs themselves... Yes. I am not even at the first oil change yet and we have gone through around 6k in headlights and Ram is now required to green light my warranty work. Wow.

The premium lights, when they work, are awesome. However 3 of them down in less than 15,000km?! These things are cheaper than any aftermarket part I've ever seen from China.