Replacement Headlight Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dieseldakota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Guys,
Have a 2014 ram sport with the stock projectors. Two days ago while driving down the highway in the middle of the night a Duck decided I no longer needed the left headlight. Smashed the lens and destroyed most of the internals, headlight is a write off for sure.

I'm in Canada, Local dodge dealer quoted me a parts cost of 1150CAD for the one headlight. I've since started looking at the aftermarket options just to try to figure out my best options. I'm also trying to track down a replacement from the used market but no luck so far, hit me up if you got something, mine are the stock black projector housings.

I've been digging through the forum but most of the information doesn't seem to be clearly laid out, I'm sure its here but struggling to find it all. I mean the modifystreet thread is almost 200 pages long.

So I was going to try to put all the information together as best I can and I'll try to upload my OP with data you guys provide as I am able. feel free to give me opinions on the options I list or other options that I have missed. I could even rank them or something if it makes sense.

So with my rambling out of the way.

Aftermarket option 1:
Morimoto XB's https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-xb-led-dodge-ram-1500-2500-headlights-LF520?quantity=1
After searching through the forum it seems like these are sold as a premium product but they seem to have lots of issues and problems considering the cost, in general it seems like these are a non recommendation.

Aftermarket option 2:
AlphaRex Nova's https://www.theretrofitsource.com/Dodge-Ram-09-18-AlphaRex-Nova-Headlights?quantity=1
These seem to be priced as AlphaRex's top product. that being said I didn't find alot of info on them within the forum. I think one of the negatives listed was that if any of the included LED's burn out they would be non replaceable, at least not easily.

Aftermarket option 3:
AlphaRex Luxx's https://alpharexusa.com/product/09-18-ram-truck-luxx-series-led-projector-headlights-jet-black/
These seem like a relatively new product, from what I could find, to me they just look like the G2's but with LED's as they come.

Aftermarket option 4:
AlphaRex Luxx's(2500 style) https://alpharexusa.com/product/09-...0-style-projector-headlights-mid-night-black/
These seem like a relatively new product, from what I could find, to me they just look like the G2's but with LED's as they come. not sure how these compare to the non 2500 style.

Aftermarket option 5:
AlphaRex Pro G2's https://alpharexusa.com/product/09-...2-projector-headlights-jet-black-duplicate-1/
The cheapest option, seems like these might be a good starting point if you are considering swapping bulbs etc.

Aftermarket option 6:
AlphaRex Pro G2's (2500 style) https://alpharexusa.com/product/09-...2-projector-headlights-jet-black-duplicate-1/
The cheapest option, seems like these might be a good starting point if you are considering swapping bulbs etc. not sure how these compare to the non 2500 style.

I'm mainly concerned with functionality and improvement of light quality. I'd rather not have to mess around too much, plug and play would be best but that seems less than likely.

if you guys provide me with good reviews and how these products compare to each other I will update the OP as best I can. additionally if there are other options I missed that are worth talking about.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You can't go wrong with the Alpharex headlights, there are many members on here that have them and rave about them.
I have the Modifystreet (made by Alpharex) version like your option #5 (Pro G2). Like the way they look and no issues with fogging or leaks. I have plenty of light even with running ZXE halogens in the lows and Hikari Ultras LEDs in the highs.
I've thought about changing to the Luxx version but thinking I'm going to upgrade my fogs instead. There's a thread on this forum with pictures of people who have upgraded to the Luxx version. All were happy with their new lights.

OP
OP
D

Dieseldakota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can't go wrong with the Alpharex headlights, there are many members on here that have them and rave about them.
I have the Modifystreet (made by Alpharex) version like your option #5 (Pro G2). Like the way they look and no issues with fogging or leaks. I have plenty of light even with running ZXE halogens in the lows and Hikari Ultras LEDs in the highs.
I've thought about changing to the Luxx version but thinking I'm going to upgrade my fogs instead. There's a thread on this forum with pictures of people who have upgraded to the Luxx version. All were happy with their new lights.
Are the modifystreet lights the same as the G2's? they look to be almost identical but I never found it clearly stated. why are there two different products?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Are the modifystreet lights the same as the G2's? they look to be almost identical but I never found it clearly stated. why are there two different products?
Some posted about them being the same manufacturer on this forum. Mine are the older V1 so the I don't have the sequential turn signals.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Alphas and ModifyStreet are one in the same as my Alphas came in an MS box. I love mine, 5th Gen 2500 style G2.

B32CA6D8-9323-46E2-B131-2FB9FFCC9766.jpeg