Prevent cargo light from turning on when doors open?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Larime
Engine
Hemi
I'm glad someong else HATES this light thing. I can understand it when putting the tailgate down. Yes

SOKY_RAM You can use the switch/button but that's not what was being asked.​

This really sucks if after you've locked your doors and walked away from the truck heading to the front , as it wouldn't catch your eye.
Chrysler dropped the ball on this one ..!!!

Warlock73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
turn the dash light dimmer switch all the way to the left

dingo7285

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had posted about this when I first bought my 2018. I hate this feature, I'm out camping, forgot something in the truck open the door and light up the woods. Yea if you open the drivers door, you can quickly hit the override, but if you open any of the other doors.... For the time being, I just throw a towel over the light when I'm camping or incognito, then remove it, when I need to use the light, or drive off.

I have been thinking about installing an Over-ride switch. Does anyone know if:
- The momentary switch can be changed to an on/off switch on the dash?
- If you can access the 3rd brake light and Cargo light wiring from the Courtesy light in the Back Seat?

If the wiring is easily accessible without removing the headliner, adding an inline switch to the Positive wire for the Cargo Light wouldn't be too hard, and would be easy to mount somewhere near the courtesy light.