Prewired for dash speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecreammann

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2008 Ram 1500 Big horn. I have recently upgraded the factory REF radio with a REC radio. I would also like to add the 3.5 dash speakers to this REC system.

I was wondering if anyone knows if these trucks are prewired for the dash speakers? I have read elsewhere that the 2008 and up Chargers are prewired for dash speakers.

If I am not prewired, what is the most simple way to tap into the system to power the dash speakers without damaging the head unit, blowing out the speakers and spending a ton of money on amps etc...

Thanks

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Are you sure you don't already have the dash speakers?

My 08 Big Horn had those stock. I've also done that head unit upgrade and I like very much!
Ch

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
OP
I

Icecreammann

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure I don't have the dash speakers. I had the top of the dash off to install the gps antenna and the speakers were not there.

It's good to hear that your '08 came with dash speakers. I'm hoping the wires are taped to the harness somewhwere as I have read about the chargers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca