Problem with high beam lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caledonia21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My high beams don't work on my 2010 Ram. The dashboard indicator comes on but the high beams do not. The low beam and fog lights work fine. I've tried new bulbs. Is there a fuse for high beams only or do you think it is most likely in the switch?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
My high beams don't work on my 2010 Ram. The dashboard indicator comes on but the high beams do not. The low beam and fog lights work fine. I've tried new bulbs. Is there a fuse for high beams only or do you think it is most likely in the switch?
Try testing the OEM plug for the highs with a volt meter. (The plug that plugs directly into the bulb) That will tell you if the truck is sending power to the plus or not, it's at least a starting point!

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the dashboard indicator comes on the cluster recognizes the switch closing. The cluster should then send a message to the power controller to turn on the high beams. If the message bus was not working there would be a lot of other things not working besides the high beams. Same for the fuse in the supply to the power controller, there is no dedicated fuse for the high beams.

Possible causes:
Wiring between power controller and headlights. Unlikely though as both lights have separate circuits.

Power controller defective / software hiccup