ProCharger Belt slip FIX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Found a simple solution for the notorious ProCharger belt slip issue and not producing full boost. The carbinite treated supercharger pulley process strips the shiny smooth anodization off the contact area of the belt and then treats it with a "grit" surface that grabs the belt. Lots of other people using this on other applications but I haven't seen anyone try this on our rams.

I was seeing max 5-6psi with overtightening the belt before. With standard recommended procharger belt tension I'm now seeing full boost of 7-8psi.

Check out these 3 videos on my channel to see the process

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what you have seen from people running it, does this abrasive kill a significant amount of the belt life ?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From what you have seen from people running it, does this abrasive kill a significant amount of the belt life ?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

The people that have this coating aren't complaining or reporting shorter belt life. It seems just people who doubt its effectiveness that bring up belt life. I have no bias but just reporting my results so far and will definitely keep everyone updated how the coating holds up, belt life, and boost levels.

I have several types of belts on deck right now to try. Stock procharger supplied belt, greenback, and gatorback.

I want to try this new low stretch supercharger specific belt from gates if belt wear or stretching becomes a nuisance
https://www.gates.com/us/en/power-t...100794?effectivelengthinfraction_string=70.57

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Awesome Videos and YouTube channel keep up the Great Work!!

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ran into this problem when I had my mustang, and solution was to get a different pulley with a wider belt with more ribs. Do they not make one for the ram?

You could but its a big process...

It gets into this huge expensive ordeal of having to buy an ATI crank pulley, then run a wider belt or convert to a cog system, and people drop between $1000-$2000+ to get it done. Not cost effective and overkill if you aren't running high boost levels IMO. This cost $127 with expedited shipping. I sent it out on a Monday and had it back Thursday :)

twisted 8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think my belt is starting to slip on mine after about 2,000 miles on it. Napa carries the Gates supercharger belts now, so that was gonna be my next option.

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think my belt is starting to slip on mine after about 2,000 miles on it. Napa carries the Gates supercharger belts now, so that was gonna be my next option.

I saw your post saying you're running 6psi. If you have the standard pulley that came with the kit you've been slipping since day 1 lol. Also not only peak boost will benefit but part throttle this thing is way snappier.

twisted 8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw your post saying you're running 6psi. If you have the standard pulley that came with the kit you've been slipping since day 1 lol. Also not only peak boost will benefit but part throttle this thing is way snappier.

I have seen alot of your videos and they are great, but I dont know if you did an ATI dampner with yours? But I know I was not slipping when i first got it done and I might also just need to adjust my tensioner as well. But if the problem persists I will also be getting the coating on my belt.

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have seen alot of your videos and they are great, but I dont know if you did an ATI dampner with yours? But I know I was not slipping when i first got it done and I might also just need to adjust my tensioner as well. But if the problem persists I will also be getting the coating on my belt.

I still have the stock crank pulley on mine. Is yours stock crank pulley and procharger pulley? Sorry if I came off as harsh on my last response but its just a shame the way these kits are sold you will only see the 5-6psi you probably saw.

twisted 8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still have the stock crank pulley on mine. Is yours stock crank pulley and procharger pulley? Sorry if I came off as harsh on my last response but its just a shame the way these kits are sold you will only see the 5-6psi you probably saw.

Not harsh at all! I value your opinion and the time you put in to find solutions.:worship: I feel we are both at about the same process for our kits. When I had mine tuned I told my tuner I wanted to be around 500 whp and he did on 6lbs and that is why I only run that much. So maybe with that coating I would be running more boost and more hp?

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not harsh at all! I value your opinion and the time you put in to find solutions.:worship: I feel we are both at about the same process for our kits. When I had mine tuned I told my tuner I wanted to be around 500 whp and he did on 6lbs and that is why I only run that much. So maybe with that coating I would be running more boost and more hp?

Ok yeah you are slipping bad then! If you are running the kit the way it came from ProCharger with the stock crank pulley then you should be seeing 7-8psi. Unless your tuner put a different pulley on then you are slipping!

Send your pulley off like I did its the cheapest solution I've found so far. Not only are you suffering from loss of max boost but also I noticed throttle response and partial throttle is improved with it not slipping now too

twisted 8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok yeah you are slipping bad then! If you are running the kit the way it came from ProCharger with the stock crank pulley then you should be seeing 7-8psi. Unless your tuner put a different pulley on then you are slipping!

Send your pulley off like I did its the cheapest solution I've found so far. Not only are you suffering from loss of max boost but also I noticed throttle response and partial throttle is improved with it not slipping now too

I think I will do that! I am also running an ATO overdrive pulley as suggested by procharger. I think it was 12% overdrive?

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think I will do that! I am also running an ATO overdrive pulley as suggested by procharger. I think it was 12% overdrive?

Yikes! You're slipping worse than me then lol. Your overdrive pulley should be spinning everything quicker which would in theory produce more than the 7-8psi with the stock procharger pulley!