Procharger kit on a 21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stuffpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking for some real world feedback. I had some bigger ideas in mind but I also wanted to weigh this in as an option.

Who has installed it.
What can you say good and bad about it?
Did you feel kit was complete?
Who did the tubing?
Any issues since install?

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
A procharger kit is a lot of money. For that kind of money I could buy a whole new engine for one of my project cars. Most people here spend there money on lifts, tires, lights, etc. That's almost the price of the diesel option. The stock 6.4 especially with the 8 speed can easy tow haul what the power wagon is rated for.

Most of the people who have one did it to the older 6 speed trucks so there experience would be a bit different.one of those magazines did a article on putting a kit on a 18 power wagon I think.

At 3-4 grand I would be more interested but at the 6-8 grand depending on on the kit and application, I don't see nearly as much value

OP
OP
S

Stuffpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
I really didn’t want a diesel. I wanted the power wagon. Also there’s not a lot of options for lifts on the 21.
I know it’s ridiculous but i have a budget for what I’m willing to do and can manage a few things.

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I really didn’t want a diesel. I wanted the power wagon. Also there’s not a lot of options for lifts on the 21.
I know it’s ridiculous but i have a budget for what I’m willing to do and can manage a few things.

I get that completely. I think most of us on this would love a super charger on our trucks. Who would say no to more power? I just ment that price puts it out of reach for most people so it's hard to get a real world review on it. Give it a few more years some more companies might bring completion to that space. Search power wagon and procharger, one of those magazines did a really good write up on it. Looks like a great kit.

What do you drive now? I feel like you haven't dive a truck with a 6.4 and 8 speed much. I barely press on the gas and in a couple of seconds I'm at 80 mph. I take the interstate to and from work. I can't imagine needing more power especially since they don't make tires for high speed in the size you need. If you tow, I can see it helping a lot.

Wjat do you mean by not alots of lifts. Other than Carli and Thuren I don't know that I'd want to buy it. To many companies make low quality lifts without proper R&D. From what I understand you can't go to much taller than the power wagon without needing a different control arm thing (can't think of the name) for the front axle. I think Carli is the only one that makes it. AEV does some sort of front axle relocation forwards and inch or two for there big lifts.

OP
OP
S

Stuffpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
thanks for the response. Carli and thuren do make kits. But thuren is really only a level kit and The carli kit is awesome but only has one option for lift. I’m sure you can mix and match to get it whatever you want but the 14-18 power wagon has quite a few more options with everything. Supercharger, lifts, exhausts etc.

I drive mine all the time and love it. Reality is I was budgeting for trx but I just like the power wagon better. Which leaves budget to make power wagon more fun.
I do want to go bigger tires down the road which will eat up some of that power. So keep that in mind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
@Stuffpower , here you go!

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1906-ram-charged-installing-procharger-ram-2500/

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2018-ram-2500-power-wagon-verdict/

Also, if you contact Carli or Thuren directly and tell them what you are looking for they will 100% put together a kit for you. They might not have kits listed for the newer 21s trucks yet, but if you reach out to them they can put together whatever you are looking for. Same with a reseller like CJC Off Road.

I hear you on the TRX, also am an amazing truck, but very different. I would love to own both but if I had to pick one it would be the PW for me.

OP
OP
S

Stuffpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Thank you for posting. I saw that article but was attempting for more real world feedback. Overall kit looks well done

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thats a valid point. If switched to 37s then a procharger might be wanted. I don't think you have to worry much about the procharger kit. If their stuff wasn't very good then they would have the name and fame like they do.

I thought the 18 and under trucks were mechanical pretty close to the 19+ but whatever the difference it's taking some time to R&D the new kits or they just don't update their website and the older ones fit the new trucks. CJC has a youtube channel where they show off the custom lift builds they do.

Fabio Ricetti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter with etorque
Looking for some real world feedback. I had some bigger ideas in mind but I also wanted to weigh this in as an option.

Who has installed it.
What can you say good and bad about it?
Did you feel kit was complete?
Who did the tubing?
Any issues since install?
I put a pro charger stage 2 kit on my 2021 Ram 1500 5.7 liter e torque motor. Been having issues since day one. Not only that procharger tunning team sent me 12 different tunes and finally gave up and said I had to get a custom tune. I found a local shop I dropped $2500 on them and truck still not running right. I keep getting same Check engine code P061B and truck is running terrible. The code is internal module control torque calculation and nobody can figure it out. I’m about to return the procharger