Projection Manager (Phone Mirroring )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque
I bought a 2019 Ram 1500 classic Big Horn a few months ago and love it. (I like the look of the older body style than the new one even though it could grow on me) , I was messing around with my Uconnect and it says Projection Manager, which is smart phone mirroring. How ever when I connect my phone with the USB cable it does not let me Mirror my screen, I have a galaxy s10. If you have any Ideas please let me know. Thank you

atrupo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my 18, you have to plug your phone into the USB inside the center console. I notice you have Android Auto as well, when plugged in, selecting that on the screen begins mirroring the phone for me.

OP
OP
JRogers

JRogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque
In my 18, you have to plug your phone into the USB inside the center console. I notice you have Android Auto as well, when plugged in, selecting that on the screen begins mirroring the phone for me.

When I start the android auto, it only starts android auto, unless I am missing something Might stop by the dealership and see what what they say.
Thanks for your input.

atrupo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I start the android auto, it only starts android auto, unless I am missing something Might stop by the dealership and see what what they say.
Thanks for your input.

I had to look in the owners manual and do a little googling to figure mine out as well. Good luck

nathan_h

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
IIRC, there are two "mirroring" options: Android Auto (for Android phones) and CarPlay (for iPhones). I don't think there is any other "mirroring" available (even though the word makes it sound like your phone screen will show up on the center console).

I hope I am wrong, because there are some truck/RV navigation apps that I would LOVE to mirror to the dash screen, instead of Google Maps, for when I am hauling several tons of trailer and want to avoid inappropriate routes.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
It doesn’t mirror your screen. It mirrors apps or things that are compatible with the CarPlay or android auto. When I use car play, most of the main apps transfer to icons. Like iMessage, Pandora, googlemaps, waze etc. apps that I use like banking etc won’t work. It doesnt mirror your phone, it mirrors the app your using in a CarPlay form. So I’m using google maps while connected in CarPlay mode, if I pick up my phone and open text msg it will change to the text app on the screen and prompt you with voice commands but it will mirror text chats into a form for CarPlay that isn’t exactly like how your phone shows it.

Mirroring is confusing, I would say it’s like a mobile version of your mobile device, like a stripped down version with less options and looks. I like my CarPlay a lot and I even bought a CarPlay headunit for my classic car.

Bigram2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-8 hemi 5.7
I’ve seen several videos that says the projection manager on the new I uconnect can in fact mirror your phone and allow you to watch movies or videos from your phone. I’m wondering why it would advertise and that if that function really isn’t available. You would think that putting in a 12” screen, they would slow it to do something special. I’ve seen mixed responses to the question as to whether it can or cannot. I’m trying to get in touch with UConnect to see if this is actually possible or not. Has it actually worked for anyone

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I’ve seen several videos that says the projection manager on the new I uconnect can in fact mirror your phone and allow you to watch movies or videos from your phone. I’m wondering why it would advertise and that if that function really isn’t available. You would think that putting in a 12” screen, they would slow it to do something special. I’ve seen mixed responses to the question as to whether it can or cannot. I’m trying to get in touch with UConnect to see if this is actually possible or not. Has it actually worked for anyone
There is a company called naviks working on a module to enable full phone mirroring. Meaning you can open any app (not just ones co compatible with android auto) and mirror it to the 12" screen.

I've been waiting for it for a while now lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Connecting to Android Auto Through Uconnect
  1. Download the Android Auto app.
  2. Connect your phone to the Uconnect system via the USB input.
  3. Accept the terms of use on your phone screen.
  4. The Android Auto icon will now appear on the Uconnect display.
  5. Select the icon to access the available Android apps.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Connecting to Android Auto Through Uconnect
  1. Download the Android Auto app.
  2. Connect your phone to the Uconnect system via the USB input.
  3. Accept the terms of use on your phone screen.
  4. The Android Auto icon will now appear on the Uconnect display.
  5. Select the icon to access the available Android apps.
Hes talking about true phone mirroring. Like you can on a smart tv. However, due to software and safety reasons you cannot do this as it would be a distraction.

Which is why I'm waiting for a bypass lol

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hes talking about true phone mirroring. Like you can on a smart tv. However, due to software and safety reasons you cannot do this as it would be a distraction.

Which is why I'm waiting for a bypass lol

I apologize for the post then as I do not know the difference. My Bad

haasri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have a jailbroken iphone or android the is an app called Carbridge that will allow you to see everything on your phone on the 8.4 screen. Great for movies tv and for me weather radar!

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have a jailbroken iphone or android the is an app called Carbridge that will allow you to see everything on your phone on the 8.4 screen. Great for movies tv and for me weather radar!
Say what how do I jailbreak and do this

haasri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go to Youtube search jailbreak for your phone. Jailbreak it and then search Cydia for carbridge.

Rob H 88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I spoke to Uconnect today about this and they told me that the Projection Manager is just a sub menu of Android/Carplay that allows them to function. Very disappointing that I cant mirror some of my downloaded trail maps etc. Unless they told me wrong It seems to be a waste to even put the icon on the Uconnect page.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Reviving an older thread but I had this same issue. I found that unless you see your phone icon on the U Connect screen change, you are not connecting to the radio, so change cables. The 3rd one I tried worked (original cable that came with my Galaxy S7).

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Are you able to connect your s10 to the ram screen wirelessly?
Not without an adapter for the UAS/UAQ radios found in the DS body style trucks. The S10 will probably need to be running Android 11 also.
I have the AAWireless adapter for mine and works great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956