Protecting your truck from pets!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grumpyb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought plastic sheeting at Walmart , the sell it in rolls where the fabric is , different thickness available , just get it big enough to cover the whole floor an cut it so you can tuck it under the door sills to hold it in place then put a blanket or bed or whatever you want on top of the plastic , the choclate lab we rescued " Warlock " loves to swim so we needed a waterproof option.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have seen many accidents that the dogs and there human parents get hurt . I am a true believer of having my pets restrained for there and your safety and mine while driving. When we travel our dogs, they are safe in crates that are secured in the bed of the truck with a fiberglass cap

The thought of one of our dogs flying over the front seat smashing into me or my kids as we get into a accident is what could happen.70 lbs lab ... well I let you imagine

mamahen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 & 2015
Engine
Eco Diesel & Cummings Diesel
I take my two Aussies with me when I travel. Need a new "saddle blanket" for back seat for my new to me 2015 2500 Laramie, they are both restrained while traveling. Bought them both doggie seatbelt harness, they get very excited when I pull them out, they know they are going for a ride. Dog Hair? With dogs you just got to live with it.

Rocketjam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreed. I use a vari-kennel for the dogs and they ride in the back when we have to bring them. In winter we put kennel in back seat cuz our dog sheds also and we don’t like the dog in the Larame having crew cab helps a lot.

VA-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie / 2020 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use a telescoping ramp and a back seat cover from carhart. My golden boxer mix sheds like crazy!! And she's blond and the Ram is black on black!

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
You obviously don't love your dogs enough if your worried about shedding in your truck.....just kidding. I gave up trying to keep my truck clean of dog hair lol it is a truck after all

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I have a wiener dog (a longhair dachshund), so he gets to ride in the cab. Oregon says you have to have your pet restrained one way or the other (either in a cage or with a harness), so we got this... and incidentally, it fits perfectly on the center console/jump-seat pad. I put it on when the wife and dog come along for the ride, otherwise it sits in her car.

https://www.chewy.com/snoozer-pet-products-luxury/dp/140939

(pic is from their website to give you an idea)...

dogbed.jpg

Thom storey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
I HAVE TAKEN MY DOGS TO WORK WITH ME FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS, AND HAVE HAD THE AIR CONDITIONING PLUG UP IN 5 TRUCKS, 2 INCHES THICK ON DRIER, I NOW HAVE A 2013 RAM 2500, AND HAVE BOUGHT THE CABIN FILTER KIT, I HOPE THAT HELPS, IF ANYONE HAS EXPERIENCE WITH THE FILTER SETUP, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE FEEDBACK.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
lol y you yelling at us?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have an Australian Labradoodle and she doesn't shed one bit so she's more than welcome in the family cars, sofas beds etc, etc. Lol.
I love dogs but the hair must stay out of my vehicles, period. No questions asked no negotiations, and i'm the one who have the last say in my household, at least i like to think that when it come to dog hair :)

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
We have an Australian Labradoodle and she doesn't shed one bit so she's more than welcome in the family cars, sofas beds etc, etc. Lol.
I love dogs but the hair must stay out of my vehicles, period. No questions asked no negotiations, and i'm the one who have the last say in my household, at least i like to think that when it come to dog hair :)
"Rich people have little dogs embroidered on their shirts. Happy people have a little dog hair on theirs."

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
We have 2 large golden retrievers that shed like crazy. We use 2 polyester bed sheets (polyester likes to hold fur). Lay it over the seat / floor. It keeps the fur from flying around in the cab. Wash it after and keep it under the seat.

Mike0565

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a German Shepherd puppy coming two weeks from today. My last Shepherd I trained to ride in the bed of the truck but I'm not going to do that with my new guy. Just purchased an orvis hammock for the rear seat of my crew cab.2T4Z9SDslate.jpg

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see a lot of you you do. To restrain your dogs in your trucks I understand your dogs are a large part of your family but would you drive with your child to grand children sit in the backseat of your truck with out a seatbelt on.
Here in Ontario Canada
Under the Ontario Highway Traffic Act there are two charges that can apply but aren’t specific to animals:

• Insecure Load (section 111(2) of the HTA) Offence: Dog loose in the back of a truck. No animal should be loose in the back box of a pickup truck. Animals need to secure by way of a crate and the crate also needs to be secured.
  • Careless driving (section 130 of the HTA) Offence: Dog on the lap of a driver. Having an animal on the lap of a driver puts the operator of the vehicle, the occupants and other drivers at risk of injury. Animals should be in the back seat secured by way of crate or seatbelt harness.

• I would hope that all the 48 states have similarly laws.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see a lot of you you do. To restrain your dogs in your trucks I understand your dogs are a large part of your family but would you drive with your child to grand children sit in the backseat of your truck with out a seatbelt on.
Here in Ontario Canada
Under the Ontario Highway Traffic Act there are two charges that can apply but aren’t specific to animals:

• Insecure Load (section 111(2) of the HTA) Offence: Dog loose in the back of a truck. No animal should be loose in the back box of a pickup truck. Animals need to secure by way of a crate and the crate also needs to be secured.
  • Careless driving (section 130 of the HTA) Offence: Dog on the lap of a driver. Having an animal on the lap of a driver puts the operator of the vehicle, the occupants and other drivers at risk of injury. Animals should be in the back seat secured by way of crate or seatbelt harness.

• I would hope that all the 48 states have similarly laws.

Those backseat covers have something that buckles into the seat belt and attaches to the dog, so they aren't totally unrestrained back there. At least the cover that I have has that (and we use it every time). Not sure we have any laws like that here, if we do I've never heard of them being enforced. I agree they shouldn't be on your lap and should be restrained in some way, but we love having ours with us in the cab so the cover with buckle in the back seat is a good solution. I do thank you for having a proper setup for the back of your truck though, sounds like they are about as safe as possible.

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a cap for my 2 boys to ride in the box. Before this they still rode in the back but I never felt comfortable with it. If it was a long trip or any freeway driving then they ride in the cab. But at well over 100lbs each, its pretty tight. Plus the hair...

Took a buddies shepard out east last spring (16hr ride) and I bought a big moving blanket to cover the back floor. It did the trick. 36b541fdd684b7f5a6ded18fe213eb51.jpgb624ae99cfb7b079c72457780eb03bc6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk