Puddle Lamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
So, I got My painted mirrors with turn signals and puddle lamps installed, and the codes turned on by the dealership.
Question: what does the puddle lamp do, when is it supposed to turn on Etc.
The turn signals work perfectly, however I can't see the puddle lamps actually doing anything.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my truck they light up the ground around the side of the truck quite a bit. They're surprisingly bright at night.

For my truck they come on when you hit the unlock button on the key fob and when you open any door.

Never thought I would notice them but it is kind of nice to light up the area around the truck especially when you have kids getting in the truck.

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Hmmm, mine does not do that. I wonder if it's a setting in the EVIC or if they didn't program the right code.

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
No, they were not working at all. Went back down to the dealership, and the hadn't programmed the correct code. All is working perfectly now.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ha yeah I'm so shocked. Glad they're working now.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I miss having puddle lights. My last two cars had them and they were actually very useful.

statefan21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My driver one just went out the other day. And I never realized how much I enjoyed it working. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can replace the LEDs or if I have to replace the whole mirror

Fish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any one know where to get replacement LEDs for the puddle lights. My drivers side is out.