Puzzled, perplexed, bottom of the barrel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparky05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2000 dodge ram 1500 5.9l 4x4 3" lift. 15" wheels 33" tires. Replaced axle joints, hub assembly, upper lower ball joints the entire steering links after the pitman arm. The issue was/is the caliper started scoring the inside of the wheels driver and passenger side. I have to be missing something. Please help. I tried to search only things that came up was ball joints are bad or wheel bearings. All were direct replacement parts.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
your rims are to small, that truck needs at least 16 inch rims to clear the front caliber, some 16s with the wrong backspacing will not work either.

You have two options, buy spacers(generally frowned upon) or buy new (used) rims that fit and possibly tires too.

Edit: to provide knowledge, I had a 2000, and attempted the same thing, mine would not move at all it was pressed against the caliber to tight.

OP
OP
S

Sparky05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It
your rims are to small, that truck needs at least 16 inch rims to clear the front caliber, some 16s with the wrong backspacing will not work either.

You have two options, buy spacers(generally frowned upon) or buy new (used) rims that fit and possibly tires too.

Edit: to provide knowledge, I had a 2000, and attempted the same thing, mine would not move at all it was pressed against the caliber to tight.
Had 15" wheels on the truck before clearance was a non issue then one day bam both calipers were rubbing. The wheels that were on it had cracks so I bought new wheels of the same dimensions.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It

Had 15" wheels on the truck before clearance was a non issue then one day bam both calipers were rubbing. The wheels that were on it had cracks so I bought new wheels of the same dimensions.

Did you buy the same exact wheels that were on it originally??? Did you use OEM parts or aftermarket.... sometimes aftermarket parts like calipers are just a little bit bigger then the OEM ones even if they look the same at first glance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf