PW vs Prospector xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive always liked this pic. Kinda puts the difference between the regular prospector and the xl version into perspective...

1280250F-D5F9-47E5-8C23-DE1E0782A2A9.jpeg

The crazy thing is the xl’s are not lifted anymore than the regular ones. Still just 3” up front and 2” out back.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Ohh hell yeah I love that “tray bed”.aka in the south “Flat bed”
Thanks everybody for the additional pictures.
Only if the tray bed was offered on a mega can... and 40’s
@22hemi13 we need a pair of these in Blue Streak Pearl

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ohh hell yeah I love that “tray bed”.aka in the south “Flat bed”
Thanks everybody for the additional pictures.
Only if the tray bed was offered on a mega can... and 40’s
@22hemi13 we need a pair of these in Blue Streak Pearl

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

I bet you can get that built for the right price lol.

lakerhater4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I got to see the Prospector run over **** at Power Wagons in Moab this year. That truck is sweet, but that front bumper, I mean come on, that thing needs to be redesigned. I did like the truck overall, but Ill stick with my 2015 Tradesman Power Wagon.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got to see the Prospector run over **** at Power Wagons in Moab this year. That truck is sweet, but that front bumper, I mean come on, that thing needs to be redesigned. I did like the truck overall, but Ill stick with my 2015 Tradesman Power Wagon.
Because it’s an old design?

lakerhater4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Because it is ugly, obtrusive, and huge!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lakerhater4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Agree to disagree. It's one hell of a rig no matter what the opinion of the bumper.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fitzreefer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
What kind of air compressor is installed on that? Where and how is it mounted? I like the idea of having it plumbed to the bed.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

3TV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Its an ARB Twin air compressor, installed under the truck. There is a big recess between the fuel tank and the DEF tank where the compressor fits perfectly.Prospector on board air3.jpg

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its an ARB Twin air compressor, installed under the truck. There is a big recess between the fuel tank and the DEF tank where the compressor fits perfectly.View attachment 168476
Can that compressor get wet? I’m sure it can but does it effect it at all?

3TV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It can get wet, but I wouldn't try to run it under water, or in direct water spray. That area was actually well protected from water spray, and I had no problems with the compressor in the two years I owned the truck.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Can that compressor get wet? I’m sure it can but does it effect it at all?
You can always attach a 50 Cal ammo can under the rear of the bed right behind the cab and install the compressor inside it there. Then do a custom o ring seal on the can so it doesn't get water in it. Great protection for mud also.

Whenever you need to run it just pop the can open for airflow. You can still plumb it through the bed if you want or put the chuck connection in the rear bumper next to the license plate. This is my plan, hopeful this year. I think you could also do the driver side as well if you wanted two compressors and can do simultaneous filling. I've also looked at VIAR, but I don't think the profile fits in the ammo can, I haven't checked sizing specs on it though to be certain.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can always attach a 50 Cal ammo can under the rear of the bed right behind the cab and install the compressor inside it there. Then do a custom o ring seal on the can so it doesn't get water in it. Great protection for mud also.

Whenever you need to run it just pop the can open for airflow. You can still plumb it through the bed if you want or put the chuck connection in the rear bumper next to the license plate. This is my plan, hopeful this year. I think you could also do the driver side as well if you wanted two compressors and can do simultaneous filling. I've also looked at VIAR, but I don't think the profile fits in the ammo can, I haven't checked sizing specs on it though to be certain.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I get the compressor can be water proofed. Might consider something like what you mentioned for my set up. Just wondering how that compressor faired being exposed the way it was.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
they sell or you can fab an intake air source relocation to plumb a filtered air intake in the engine bay, into the air intake or into the bed itself. I wouldnt subject the compressor itself to salty roads, but its perfectly suitable under the truck.