PW vs Prospector xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fitzreefer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
they sell or you can fab an intake air source relocation to plumb a filtered air intake in the engine bay, into the air intake or into the bed itself. I wouldnt subject the compressor itself to salty roads, but its perfectly suitable under the truck.
I still own an ARB compressor that I removed from my old '02 Suburban 2500 8.1L. It was installed under the hood. It had a solid place on the passenger side to bolt it in. My '13 PW doesn't have much of anything solid in that same spot. After years of using this compressor, I know heat is the enemy of using it to reinflate 4 tires on a 3/4 ton. Putting it in a sealed enclosure is a bad idea. Likewise, putting it in a low area exposing it to salt and water exposure is a bad idea as well. This brine **** they put on the roads these days will eat through everything. They are loud as f*ck and screaming hot when running, so inside the cab or storage compartments is a bad idea. I am still convinced that high up in the engine bay is the best spot if you can figure out how to make a mount. Plus it is closer to the battery for connections. I have some metal stock that I am going to try to configure to make a solid spot up in the area under the hood passenger side. I was hoping somebody else had a genius idea that I want thinking of.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This was an easy way to get it done, and i would do the same without the ramboxes, but mounted in the bed, up against the cab or near the front. Under a bed cover of course.
Plenty of airflow, filling up 4 35s after offroading and the arb was hot, box and plastic was not.
When i fill the 2.5 gallon tank where the oem spare is, the cover is typically closed.
when im doing tires, its open and i use the air chuck next to the compressor.
IMG_0768.JPG IMG_0769.JPG IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0772.JPG

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
This discussion started from another thread. Has anyone had both? I have read tech specs on the prospector xl but thinking about getting rid of my PW for the CD and making the switch.

You're kidding right?? That's a decision that is personal preference, not what a bunch of guys think on forum

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You're kidding right?? That's a decision that is personal preference, not what a bunch of guys think on forum
You really do just get off on trolling threads.

What a complete jacka$$, douche.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
While it may be his personal preference at the end of the day, doesn't mean he can't ask questions. If you haven't noticed, that kinda **** happens in a lot of threads around here.

What, if anything, does your post add to this conversation? I've seen you comment and belittle people with the majority of your posts. If you're not gonna be helpful, don't comment. It's that simple.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Heyyy the douche strikes again
You'd figure by now some moderator or Admin would have noticed 90% of his posts are about belittling the OP and those trying to offer assistance and doesn't add anything and woulda banned his ********** ass a while ago...

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Popped up on my fb marketplace. All that money and no lockers and still has cloth interior. Lmao I do t think so :anitoof:

041D0ED5-F96C-4251-B7E1-CEB12E288411.png

F28FA9A4-52DB-4A29-8EF4-4AD686CFFF48.png

4F76A2BF-D921-437E-B1E3-B6D874DBA2D3.png

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good looking rig nonetheless

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice truck for sure but 90k for cloth would be a hard pill to swallow for me. I do like cloth and have had it in a few trucks but to spend that kind of money and still have cloth isn't something that sits right with me.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Nice truck for sure but 90k for cloth would be a hard pill to swallow for me. I do like cloth and have had it in a few trucks but to spend that kind of money and still have cloth isn't something that sits right with me.
Right. At that price they could used a Laramie or limited lol

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Right. At that price they could used a Laramie or limited lol
Don't get me wrong, I like AEV, but in all honesty I think a lot of their stuff is over priced and they are capitalizing off the name they made in producing stuff for Jeep before they ever got in the truck game.

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
While it may be his personal preference at the end of the day, doesn't mean he can't ask questions. If you haven't noticed, that kinda **** happens in a lot of threads around here.

What, if anything, does your post add to this conversation? I've seen you comment and belittle people with the majority of your posts. If you're not gonna be helpful, don't comment. It's that simple.

Ask questions?? Really?? About what type of vehicle to buy for yourself. Really?? What's next, asking what time he should eat.
What does my post add to this conversation?? You're right, SFA, but I comment because it just completely amazes me how people don't think for themselves and the ridiculous questions asked. If I'm buying a vehicle, a house, clothes, etc, etc. I'm buying the stuff FOR ME, I could give 2 figs about what anybody else thinks, regardless of being on a forum or not.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Ask questions?? Really?? About what type of vehicle to buy for yourself. Really?? What's next, asking what time he should eat.
What does my post add to this conversation?? You're right, SFA, but I comment because it just completely amazes me how people don't think for themselves and the ridiculous questions asked. If I'm buying a vehicle, a house, clothes, etc, etc. I'm buying the stuff FOR ME, I could give 2 figs about what anybody else thinks, regardless of being on a forum or not.

So, because he asks a question about a personal purchase you think he shouldn't ask you feel what? That it gives you the right to belittle him? Again, your comment added nothing to the thread, just the like majority of your comments on other people's threads. Be gone you troglodyte troll, your kind is unwanted here!

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
So, because he asks a question about a personal purchase you think he shouldn't ask you feel what? That it gives you the right to belittle him? Again, your comment added nothing to the thread, just the like majority of your comments on other people's threads. Be gone you troglodyte troll, your kind is unwanted here!

I got tired of @slacadjuster and blocked his stupid ignorant ass.
I agree his mouth is not wanted.
Maybe the moderators can/will do something about him.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

You really need some new material, I enjoy your old man rants but could ya change it up a bit for me here?

You say you comment because you are completely amazed, but how is one completely amazed over and over and over again by the exact same thing when it's something as simple as this? Something doesn't add up with you.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interestingly enough, from another thread he offers some input to someone:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the question:
Just graduated college and start a new job on the 17th. Its a little under an hour drive each way. That being said, my current truck (2002 Tahoe with 270K miles) won't last much longer making that drive every day so I'm looking for something new. Was thinking of staying GM considering how reliable my tahoe has been, but for some reason silverado's hold their value really well (about 20k for a 2010 with under 75K miles). I've always been a huge fan of cummins and Dodge body styles, but I can't afford a diesel atm so a 1500 is what I'd get. The prices of 4th gen trucks are a few grand cheaper than comparable GM trucks, but I don't know much about them. Basically I just want to know how reliable these trucks are. I tried doing some research of my own, but most sites said something like "potential problems". So I figured it was best to ask the people who own the trucks. What are the most common issues you guys have? Would you recommend someone buy one of these trucks? Should also add that I went to school to be a diesel mechanic, so repair costs for me would only be the price of the part.

@slacadjuster
Really, it's like any vehicle. One person with the same type vehicle, same manufacturer could have zero issues, while the other person could have nothing but problems.
Case in point, I'm on my second Hemi Ram, fabulous trucks. The one I have now I bought new in 2015. Impeccable reliability.
My sisters friends husband on the other hand, bought a new hemi Ram, and it was a complete, piece of sh*t disaster.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@slacadjuster , care to explain? I have to say I'm a little disappointed, shouldn't you have berated this young man for coming here and having the audacity to ask for opinions and input from people? You're lack of consistency is appalling!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca