QA1 Shocks - Need help with model #s and parts... ordering today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Summit. My buddy has an account with them. I just gave him the money and he ordered them. I think he had to put 5k on the account or something like that. Can't remember what he said.

Oh, good deal. Mine are coming from Summit, too.

When you gonna install them??

Please keep in touch with how you do the modifications. Or we can start a thread and share info about it with pics and parts...
I have never installed shocks in a vehicle, much less ones that weren't made for the vehicle they are going in, lol! :emotions122:

03lowram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7(Hemi)
Oh, good deal. Mine are coming from Summit, too.

When you gonna install them??

Please keep in touch with how you do the modifications. Or we can start a thread and share info about it with pics and parts...
I have never installed shocks in a vehicle, much less ones that weren't made for the vehicle they are going in, lol! :emotions122:

After what I've read on the forums and talking to Richard "unbroken" what you have to do to use the shocks, doesn't sound to hard. Make some small changes and you're good. Another forum member helped me lower my old ram and we went over every part so it won't be my first time. So I'm excited to get this truck looking good and breaking necks! :naughty:

3/5 drop on my old truck. Mcgaughys spindle kit, with belltech shocks.
CleanedUp019.jpg

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That truck looks awesome! Have you lowered your new one yet?

When Richard was out here in Cali I checked out is R/T... DAMN, that thing really inspired me... It blew me away! He built an incredible truck.

Here's a couple pics of my humble little rcsb

Attachments

• IMG_20140715_193020.jpg
    IMG_20140715_193020.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20140625_151630.jpg
    IMG_20140625_151630.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 27

03lowram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7(Hemi)
Looks good bud! What size tires do you have on there now?

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man.
Its the stock express tires and wheels powder coated, uuuhhh... I think they are 275/60/20, but I could be wrong.

I am doing a Street Fighter look so I am staying with higher profile tires.

03lowram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7(Hemi)
Thanks man.
Its the stock express tires and wheels powder coated, uuuhhh... I think they are 275/60/20, but I could be wrong.

I am doing a Street Fighter look so I am staying with higher profile tires.

All the performance goodies you have, and dropping the tire size down a bit. You'll feel a good bit of difference!

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought about it, maybe just a little. But I would have to drop the truck accordingly, cuz I don't like much wheel well! :)
These tires have 7,200 miles on them so I'll have to smoke through these before anything else...

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Summit. My buddy has an account with them. I just gave him the money and he ordered them. I think he had to put 5k on the account or something like that. Can't remember what he said.

Did you order the 801 or the 901 for the rear??

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am planning on trying to install these myself... Any tips?? How hard is it??

First, I need to figure out the modifications I need to do for them to work...:hmm:

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shouldn't be too hard...I don't think you even need a spring compressor. The hardest part will probably be taking off the rear fender liners.

14RAMRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fronts are piece of cake . Just make sure you lift the truck off the ground enough to get it through the lower arm. Rears were a pain for me as I didn't remove the fender liners. They seemed to be a pain to remove. Does anyone have the best way to remove them? Like from back / front / pull down ?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Easy, jack up front and place jacks under frame. I used the two spots right behind front bumper facia. Pull tires, crawl under and remove two bolts under the T bar of the shocks. Then on the top, the BT has two small nuts on top. remove them, you may need a wrench to hold the small piston bar on the very top. Take nuts off, pull shock out from the bottom. Did both my fronts in about 20 minutes, start to finish.
There will be an upper pad and spacer, adn a lower pad and spacer, top pad and spacer go back on top before installing top nuts.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks bro! I am hearing the rear isn't to bad other than the cover... I've got this! :)

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn't there something about like the top nut on the shock being a pain in the ass for the rear?

I'll be keeping an eye out for a install thread. Definitely plan on upgrading to these. I finally got me some hellwig swaybars on the way. So I might go with shocks next or gears/lsd.

Last edited: