Quad to projector questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to get a set of projectors for my truck (probably OEM but maybe TYC). I've read about using AlfaOBD to avoid canbus harnesses but will I still need the quad to projector harness? I think I would but I dont want to buy a bunch of stuff I dont need. Is there anything special needed to swap the fogs out to something else as well? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You will need the wiring harness because the bulbs are different and there are less of them. The Canbus module isn’t necessary unless you plan on using LEDs or HIDs in your headlights, then you will definitely need AlphaOBD and OBDLink MX+ (from Amazon) in order to change the headlight settings unless someone that lives near you has them and is willing to help you out with those settings.

OP
OP
F

Fastbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll put HIDs in the new projectors. Will I need canbus stuff even if I use AlfaOBD?

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No. If you use AlphaOBD and the OBDLink MX+ you won’t need the extra harnesses and stuff for the canbus system. I just added a set of $40 Innovited 35w 5000k HIDs to my projectors and used the AlphaOBD and OBDLINK Mx + and they work great and I can see clearer and farther now that with stock halogens. You can get the slim ballast setup on Amazon and there are a couple of people that use them on here with no complaints.

OP
OP
F

Fastbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the TYC projectors pretty good? I see alot of folks using them.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They look like a decent replica but I can’t say if they’re good or bad overall. Some people would say that unless you replace the projectors with high quality projectors no aftermarket projector headlights are good. I’ve got the AlphaRex/Modify Street 2019 looking polished black headlights from eBay and I love the look and quality of them and they only cost me $250, but I had OEM projectors from the factory to begin with so my conversion was straight forward and easy. I also added Innovited 35w 5000k HIDs to the low beams and they’re night and day better and brighter.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Someone is selling the wiring harness in the for sale section FYI... for the quad or dual to projectors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tl806

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
They look like a decent replica but I can’t say if they’re good or bad overall. Some people would say that unless you replace the projectors with high quality projectors no aftermarket projector headlights are good. I’ve got the AlphaRex/Modify Street 2019 looking polished black headlights from eBay and I love the look and quality of them and they only cost me $250, but I had OEM projectors from the factory to begin with so my conversion was straight forward and easy. I also added Innovited 35w 5000k HIDs to the low beams and they’re night and day better and brighter.
Looking at doing this same setup