Question about 19 with 22" tires.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anyone on here have any experience with the 22" tires on the Limited? I was in the rain last night, in 2wd, and the rear end was super squirrely. I was actually having trouble getting any traction at all going up a steep hill on slick black top. I ended up switching to Auto 4wd.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had it out in the rain during my test drive and slid sideways going around a sharp turn. In its defense, that’s the road a lot of the fuel trucks use so I’m sure there’s residue on there.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind of tires?

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My opinion a 4wd truck should not have larger wheels than 18” diameter, optimally 17” especially with any off road plans. However as OEM tries to capitalize on aftermarket trends we have 22” option which they should put a 35/12/22 stock to compensate. Low profile belong on sports cars not trucks.

I don’t know what tires come with 22” wheel option but I’d bet they are stiff and wet and cold traction are terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I've been in rain with mine. No issues. I have Goodyears on mine. I've also had a number of trucks with factory 22's (Ford Harley Davidson and Limited F150's). I like the looks and I have ZERO intentions of taking it off road. I've also never needed 4wd to get around wet roads. I'm guessing the OP encountered a road that had a diesel spill or something that hadn't been washed off.

I use 4wd at times towing and needing to pull into grassy or sandy areas at car events. I hope mine never sees a flake of snow.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Around here majority of these guys roll with 24” plus on their 4x4 trucks. Complain about the wheel wells not being able to handle larger tires. Again I’m not here to judge anyone on anything they add to THEIR truck, just don’t critique my choice on keeping 18” wheels on mine. :)

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine have worked well and still have factory tires on it. Rain has not been an issue. coming from a person that used to install tires years ago I have had people mention this pretty much for any tire and they should understand that if the rain is recent and there hasn't been lots of rain recently the roads will have film on them that tends to cause traction issues. This many times is the core reason for accidents in the rain and drivers should adjust their driving technic during this period of time. Extra precaution is prudent in s new rain storm.