Question about Bedliners.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I use my truck actually -as- a truck, not an all-show, no-go grocery getter.

My '98 2500 had a spray-in bedliner when I bought it, after about a year of use it was crap. I dropped in the Mopar plastic liner and never looked back.

IMO, if you just want your truck to look "pretty", spray in your bedliner. If you're going to throw wood, bricks, tools, deer, hogs, kids, camping gear, or anything else under God's blue skies into your bed, put in a plastic liner. I like my DuraLiner but am not specifically recommending it, I just like it so far.

DieselGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I6
A Dual Liner is a great option. I can tell you that I used one in a F-150 for about 2 years. At that time, I removed to put it in my newer F-150. There were no places in the bed or around the fender wells that were bare of paint. The included rubber mat is the best way to go, as items will not slide around. If your decision is to spray in a bedliner, my bet is that you will still end up paying for a rubber mat. Depends to a degree on what you will put in your truck bed. Looking at the Dual Liner website, they offer a liner for the 2500 but not the 3500. Price is $449. I did not see where you included specs. of your truck. Dual Liner also will not fit if you have RAM Boxes. Let us know what you decide!

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Am so Jealous, you lucky son-of-a-gun.

Enjoy!!!

Got 6 yrs to go, myself. Can;t wait.
LOL... been a long time coming, but i ain`t there, just quite yet.
I`ll believe it when it actually happens...lol... my wife will keep me workin, there`s ALWAYS something to do... i just won`t be a ***** to the alarm clock anymore.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use mine as a truck, kinda, and still find the BedRug invaluable. Gravel, etc comes out easier since its flat. Much easier on the knees when crawling around back there getting stuff, etc.

I have the factory spray in liner under my BedRug but still prefer the BedRug. I dont like the plastic drop-ins because of previous experiences, but I think if you take care to clean out underneath whatever liner you have (except spray in, of course), even the plastic ones are OK.