Question about Bedliners.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
It looks good now, but if you did not opt for UV protection, it won't stay looking like that.

Jeremy Reed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, get the sprayed-in liner and no, don’t have the dealer do it. Take it to a Line-X place yourself so that if you have an issue with the job, or a warranty issue down the road, you don’t have to work through the dealer. Direct is always best, IMHO.

Best,
DG

Dear Lord where was this advice in February? Lol. My dealer installed liner in S#!T!!! First it bubbled in the back (right st the seam of the bed bottom and the back wall) after I pressure washed it from a load of topsoil. Now it’s been 3 weeks dealing with the dealership about their “broken” equipment to redo it. I tried to help by giving them a straight line in both directions. By the time I was done, that line ended up being 8” up and 8” out. I pulled out pieces damn near the size of a sheet of paper with NZo effort. This is getting fun for sure

WILE E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in the minority of people who don't like spray in bedliners. $500 is way too much to spend to have someone sand your entire bed and spray it. I've always had drop ins and have had no issues. I plan on putting a Diamondback HD tonneau on this truck with just a bed mat underneath.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I'm in the minority of people who don't like spray in bedliners. $500 is way too much to spend to have someone sand your entire bed and spray it. I've always had drop ins and have had no issues. I plan on putting a Diamondback HD tonneau on this truck with just a bed mat underneath.

Got about $1500-$2000 to spend on that Diamondback cover but $500 is to much to pay for a spray in liner?

WILE E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got about $1500-$2000 to spend on that Diamondback cover but $500 is to much to pay for a spray in liner?

Yep! Diamondback HD has been ordered. I'll never spend money on another spray-in liner. They look great when newly sprayed, but look terrible when the bed gets used. The argument that water gets under it doesn't concern me since it's going to be under a bed cover.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Yep! Diamondback HD has been ordered. I'll never spend money on another spray-in liner. They look great when newly sprayed, but look terrible when the bed gets used. The argument that water gets under it doesn't concern me since it's going to be under a bed cover.

So what price should spray in liners cost?

screamneagle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 rebel
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had a spray in liner in my '05, it worked great, when you put something in the bed it doesn't move around. I got another spray in liner in my '19.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I don't think the price is the issue as much as the fact that they ruin the bed of a brand new truck to install it.

Interesting viewpoint.

Last edited:

WILE E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, after going by my local LineX dealer and seeing their work, I think they may do a great job on the spray ins. I may be leaning toward having them spray the bed. After I left the LineX shop, I swung by my local Tractor Supply Co and was surprised that they had their Dodge bed mat marked down from $125 to $25. I picked one up and then drove 12 miles to the next closest TSC and picked up a second one. I figure even if I get the bed sprayed, I will still leave the two bed mats in there on top of the spray in liner. I'm waiting on the Diamondback HD to be delivered. Once I get that on there, the bed won't be exposed to the elements. Here's a picture of the two bed mats stacked in my bed for 3/4" of protection. 20180825_132653.jpg

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've pretty much decided to go Line-X with a bedrug mat. Local dealer quoted me $475 for standard, but $275 more for the Premium... I had thought the Premium was only about $100-150 more, so I am wondering if they quoted me the next level up from Premium. He kept talking about Kevlar and I don't think the Std. or Premium have kevlar?

I don't really need the UV as I will have cover on 99% of the time, but would like the smoother finish of the premium... but not sure I want it for $300 more :). Especially since I'll have the beg rug mat on it as well. I'm going to call Monday to schedule it so will have them double check the price.

OR...lol... I may just go with a full Mopar Bedliner only and be done with it.

Last edited:

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Premier was $100 more when I had it done. Check out the Deezee bedmat too if your wanting an inexpensive great fit rubber mat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My previous truck was a Frontier with an OEM plastic bedliner. I bought it at five years old, and it had very little rust under the bedliner and this is Seattle we're talking about. Then I added an Undercover hard tonneau cover and thus no rain in the bed anymore. Five years later, it's still going strong with no rust in the bed. My daughter's fiancé owns that truck now.

For my new RAM 1500, I went with the DualLiner and an Undercover tonneau. The rubber mat is awesome; nothing slides. Sometimes even if I want it to. :)

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the factory spray in liner. I really like it. I also have the factory tonneau cover so my liner doesn't see much sun. I don't use the bed of my truck a ton but when I do I haven't had any issues. I'm sure I'll always have some type of spray bed liner in my future trucks.

I was at a local farm and home supply store a few months ago and found a floor mat made for cow pens on farms...its very heavy...but super heavy duty also. I cut 4" off one end and it fits the Rambox bed perfectly. Its 4 feet wide, just like the box. It was cheap ($30) and I couldn't ask for better protection for the bed.

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
I have a hard time believing that anything that is sprayed on is going to wear as well as a rubber mat or a bed rug type of barrier. It laso really depens on what you want to haul. If you have a bed cover and most people do the UV rays aren't an issue. I have a deezee mat and a bedrrug tailgate mat. I wil porably get the rull rug for the bed in the future. To me the best option is a bed rug with a rubber mat inside (since they are a litte slick) to keep things from moving around. I can't see how the bed rug material would scratch your bed based on the tailgate mat I have. The sprayed in products sure are purdy though when first applied ! :)

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My previous truck was a Frontier with an OEM plastic bedliner. I bought it at five years old, and it had very little rust under the bedliner and this is Seattle we're talking about. Then I added an Undercover hard tonneau cover and thus no rain in the bed anymore. Five years later, it's still going strong with no rust in the bed. My daughter's fiancé owns that truck now.

For my new RAM 1500, I went with the DualLiner and an Undercover tonneau. The rubber mat is awesome; nothing slides. Sometimes even if I want it to. :)

Its not the rain/water that does it, its the salt they put down for snow!

I have a Frontier bought when 5 years old with OEM liner (slight tangent- Ive never seen a Frontier WITHOUT the OEM liner....) and while the flat part of the bed itself was OK, after 15 years the wheel wells rusted out. The "wheel well within a wheel well" that you cant get to even if you tried, trapped all the sand, dirt, SALT, etc from the roads, ate through the metal and eventually the paint. Before it got to the paint you would have no idea it was rusted out.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
This is the spray in on mine. I bought used .Not sure who did it. It had some damge to it and ive added to it. Its a bed and i beat it so i dont really care what it looks like .But my previous plastic liners held up very very well in my other trucks. Rust is not a real problem for me here either. The sliding around is my only real gripe with plastic .But ive also never paid for a bed liner or spray in liner. Every truck has already had something in it when i get it

20180826_133516.jpg

20180826_133523.jpg

20180826_133535.jpg

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Get the Line-x. Rhino lining is apparently softer. Never do a plastic one.

Rockyhammock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not really big on spray liners and will not be getting another plastic style tuffliner. Gonna try the rubberized bed mat this time.