Question for you lockpick owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdbutler624

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have an 09 Ram 1500 with the RBZ radio installed and I just got the OEM backup camera from a buddy for $100. Instead of going to the dealer to get the camera activated will the lock pick enable full functionality of the OEM camera? (ie. on when in reverse) I would like to get a lockpick no matter what but it will help me justify the price with the wife if it is saving me from spending money at the dealer as well.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have an 09 Ram 1500 with the RBZ radio installed and I just got the OEM backup camera from a buddy for $100. Instead of going to the dealer to get the camera activated will the lock pick enable full functionality of the OEM camera? (ie. on when in reverse) I would like to get a lockpick no matter what but it will help me justify the price with the wife if it is saving me from spending money at the dealer as well.

Yeah mine puts the cam on when I put it into reverse or select it from the list if I want to see it while driving. I used aftermarket cam but I don't see why you couldn't use OEM camera as long as it hooks up via yellow video cable.

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The cable hookup would be my only question. I had the camera stock so I didnt have to hook it up to mine. But I think in the instructions it will tell you how to hook up the OEM one too. You can find the instructions on their website, I think they have pretty good response too if you email or call them. You should be fine in using that as an excuse......er.....justification for getting a lockpick.

Ram bo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that ting gots a hemi!
further justification/question, would side cameras for blind spots be mounted on the mirrors or what?