Radio on till door opens?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Anybody know how to wire the headunit to stay on till the door is opened? I miss that feature my old truck had. I had asked before when I had my '03 but couldn't find the post(may have been another forum).

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That's a function of programmed CAN bus. Your current truck is PCI bus; what was your old truck?

OP
OP
pajeepman

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
That's a function of programmed CAN bus. Your current truck is PCI bus; what was your old truck?
Old truck was a '03 Ram 1500 QCSB Laramie

OP
OP
pajeepman

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I know, wish they did though.
Somebody posted how to do it by adding a relay somewhere hooked to the dome light somehow. Trying to find the post but no luck, can't remember where it was.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I know, wish they did though.
Somebody posted how to do it by adding a relay somewhere hooked to the dome light somehow. Trying to find the post but no luck, can't remember where it was.

You misunderstand, I asked what "your old truck" was (as you stated below) that did that

Anybody know how to wire the headunit to stay on till the door is opened? I miss that feature my old truck had. I had asked

OP
OP
pajeepman

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
My bad. An '02 Silverado 1500 LS quadrasteer(4x4x4). Some Ford Superduty I have driven also do it.