radio trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
my battery died today and I needed to get a jump start but after getting the jump the radio wont turn off like it used to when I shut down the truck it stays on till I power it off manually and my backup camera also stopped working has anyone ever experienced anything like this

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i would say ignition switch is acting up. Mine did that where it caused the blower and radio to stay on even after the keys where pulled.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here!!! Ignition switch is probably melted partially. You might want to change it real quick. I got mine from rockauto.com cheap, and easy to replace.

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

OP
OP
B

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
can someone post on how to do this or should i just bring it to the dealer because I still have a warranty on it

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
its not hard took me like 20 minutes, and like a forty dollar part from autozone. All you do is pull the cover off the steering column. i think it like 3 screws. Next take out old ingnition switch and disconnect wire harness. Then reverse the steps. I had to replace the one on my 03. It was actually real bad and i ended up having to cut the wire harness and splice in a new one cause it burnt the wires and connector aswell.

OP
OP
B

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
its not hard took me like 20 minutes, and like a forty dollar part from autozone. All you do is pull the cover off the steering column. i think it like 3 screws. Next take out old ingnition switch and disconnect wire harness. Then reverse the steps. I had to replace the one on my 03. It was actually real bad and i ended up having to cut the wire harness and splice in a new one cause it burnt the wires and connector aswell.

Thanks I'll try it tommorrow